Google Calendar and Droid sync issues?

kryzak

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

newbie here and LOVING my DROID! The one thing that's driving me crazy is the google Calendar sync.

If I leave it on "automatic sync" (in Settings->Accounts&Sync), every time I change my calendar or add a new event on my phone, it goes into "sync mode" and I pretty much lose the use of my calendar until it finishes syncing. And it takes A LONG TIME to do that. It can take minutes to almost an hour for it to finish syncing.

I have resorted to turning off my sync during the day and only turning it on at night when I go to sleep. Anyone else have this problem know why this is, or how I can fix this problem (or use a better calendar app?)

I also have a problem with duplicate events. Every time I sync, some of my events will copy itself and show up as a duplicate. Not sure why this keeps on happening.

Finally, whenever I use Advanced App Killer to check what programs I want to kill, the "Corporate Calendar" app appears. I've never used that app before, and am not sure why it keeps on popping up.

Any help on the sync issue would be greatly appreciated!