Good morning - new member

mickdroid

Reaction score
Well I did it. I got tired of waiting for Apple to release iPhone from the clutches of AT&T and went out and bought an Android based phone, the Samsung Fascinate. I am having a blast. My old Blackberry Tour was a pita in comparison. It was slower than sludge and beyond email and phone calls it wasn't worth too much and those were on that itsy bitsy old screen that drove an old man with weakening eyes nuts. I am a little disappointed with the view while outside in the sun but then I tried the Droid X and it was the same. Hopefully I can learn from you all and get this Droid operating and have some fun too. My main concern right away is that I hate Bing and want my Google Search back! Any ideas on that?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well Good Morning to you and :welcome: to the Forum

The Fascinate is a very nice device, but for now it is stuck with Bing...hopefully we will find a work around soon enough :)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

You can download Google Search from the market.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:welcome:

glad to see u like android as much as we do :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I left iPhone and AT&T and have not looked back. Enjoy your stay.

Mike

OP
M

mickdroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! I am interested in finding out how to sync my device with my computer and download my iTunes music.. I have heard it is doable with a Droid. Is it?
Also pardon my ignorance, but what is rooting other than what pigs do? LOL