Gold paint on camera button flaking off.....

A

assmunke

So like It says, the paint has flaked off the face of the button, showing the white plastic underneath. Its ugly, and somewhat surprising seeing as how I rarely use the button for taking pics. I'm not going to ask for a new unit (not yet at least) as it doesn't bother me that much and the rest of the phone is a trooper (and I don't want a refurb) has anyone else noticed this phenomena?

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Nope, none of the gold paint is flaking on mine, when did you get your droid? I got mine in December and none of the paint is flaking off..

Last edited:

ShowTime

Reaction score
Mine is still 100% fine too, but it is a VERY common problem among others. There is ZERO reason to even consider taking your phone back for a replacement over it. People have used model paint to touch it up with success.

OP
A

assmunke

I got it in December. Like I said, its a minor issue for me. Functionally the phone has been excellent, so as of now there is no reason for me to replace it.

issues636

Reaction score
it's happened on mine AND my moms, and i rarely use the camera as well. not something i even consider a minor problem, everything wears down eventually. and the rest of the phone is fine, it's just that button for me.

bill1253

Reaction score
mine has totally flaked off. The button looks greyish, wish they had used black underneath the gold. I'm used to it now so no big deal.

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Just curious, does Verizon warrant this issue?

If I bring the phone in with this problem do I get another "New" or a "Re-furb"?

Ron W.

movadoevo8

Reaction score
I got mine at the end of December and literally within less then a month it started to peal really bad so i ended up pealing the rest and it's been white ever since. My wife did not have that issued. I use the camera button casually

phunkyjoey

Reaction score
I got mine the day it came out, and the paint has totally flaked off the camera button. I've probably taken less than 20 pictures since I got the phone. Other than that though, this thing has held up quite well. I've dropped it many times on the concrete/asphalt and it still functions perfectly. A few nicks here and there on the sides, but no scratches or cracks on the screen.

Apparently the gold paint on the camera button is the only weak link. I can live with that

spawn9859

Reaction score
Gold paint is completely gone on mine and im fine with that. I'm proud of how much I use it ^^

kastein

Reaction score
Yeah mine gone too.....tried a sharpie...lol.....I guess model paint will be next.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
J

Johnly

I must bust my case off and check, as it covers all the gold with black gel. Hey, just do that!

ggtus

Reaction score
In another thread about this it was stated verizon would not replace droids because of this as it is labeled under cosmetic issues, which they don't warrant

foxtrot21aplha

Reaction score
Mines flaked of as well i jus finished pealing off that cheap gold and bout sum touch up paint from pepboys so now its like a gunmetal type color jus look at it as a oppertunity to decorate droid. :)

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
If the button were black underneath it would be perfect. Back when i had the moto droid one thing i didn't like was the gold button.