Gold flaking on camera button coming off

Maverick0984

Reaction score
DSC00351.JPG

I just noticed the gold flaking on my camera button is coming off. The top face is completely gone and the sides are chiping away now. The rest of the phone is in excellent condition...no scratches, no drops, etc. This is very saddening :(.

vzwmandroid

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem!
I've already sent Motorola an email but no reply yet. I also tried calling them but no answer (888-331-6456) I'll try again Tuesday.

OP
Maverick0984

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I've already sent Motorola an email but no reply yet. I also tried calling them but no answer (888-331-6456) I'll try again Tuesday.

Wouldn't it make sense to go through Verizon?

vzwmandroid

Reaction score

I already tried, they can't exchange the phone because it's a cosmetic issues not a hardware/os issue.
Verizon told me to call Motorola

OP
Maverick0984

Maverick0984

Reaction score

I already tried, they can't exchange the phone because it's a cosmetic issues not a hardware/os issue.
Verizon told me to call Motorola

Hmm, that's unfortunate. I am still probably going to see what they say.

nkt001

Reaction score
A

apeshitninja

Same issue here. It's just gold paint on plastic, it will come off eventually (just hope not this soon). I've basically written it off at this point. I'm not going to call and try to get a new phone because of it.

OP
Maverick0984

Maverick0984

Reaction score
What's next, the gold button on the d-pad to start pealing too?

Hope not :( My guess is the camera button sees more finger grease and such and that probably played into it. All the excess rubbing.

vzwmandroid

Reaction score

Hope not :( My guess is the camera button sees more finger grease and such and that probably played into it. All the excess rubbing.

I keep my Droid in the Verizon brand holster so it's never in my pocket, away from lint and debris. I think its cheap paint Motorola is using for these buttons!

OP
Maverick0984

Maverick0984

Reaction score

I keep my Droid in the Verizon brand holster so it's never in my pocket, away from lint and debris. I think its cheap paint Motorola is using for these buttons!

Mine isn't ever in my pants pocket either, usually in a padded coat pocket though all on its own. I can't stand the holsters ;) personal preference I guess.

vzwmandroid

Reaction score

Mine isn't ever in my pants pocket either, usually in a padded coat pocket though all on its own. I can't stand the holsters ;) personal preference I guess.

I just like the holster because it keeps my Droid on me but not in my pockets im very anal about lint/debris getting in/on my phone
;)

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same problem here...I noticed it about 2 weeks ago and ever since, more and more has come off. It will probably be completely white in another couple weeks... :(