Gold flaking on camera button coming off

nerdbox08

Reaction score
That's the stuff

Was that directed for me? If so, thanks for the reply. Glad for the confirmation as, I was originally worried about it stripping the paint off my droid.

Yes, Top coat is considered 'clear' nailpolish.

It works almost like a lacquer over nail polish to help prevent knicks and scratches on the nails.

I want to reiterate: Let it dry. It might *look* dry, but sometimes it isn't and it will smudge leaving it lumpy =\ My wife usually waits 45 minutes after her nails are done before doing anything else to let the polish set.

moot

Reaction score
That's the stuff

Was that directed for me? If so, thanks for the reply. Glad for the confirmation as, I was originally worried about it stripping the paint off my droid.

It works almost like a lacquer over nail polish to help prevent knicks and scratches on the nails.

I want to reiterate: Let it dry. It might *look* dry, but sometimes it isn't and it will smudge leaving it lumpy =\ My wife usually waits 45 minutes after her nails are done before doing anything else to let the polish set.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

I must say while trying to find nail polish at the local drug store, I never imagined there where so many different types of nail polish. Base, topcoat, fortifier?? haha.

Droid, creating new experiences since 09

nerdbox08

Reaction score

Ah, I see. Thanks.

I must say while trying to find nail polish at the local drug store, I never imagined there where so many different types of nail polish. Base, topcoat, fortifier?? haha.

Droid, creating new experiences since 09

Yeah, so many things to buy! But ... for longevity they have multiple products to help extend the life of your "paint job". lol

aarontliu

Reaction score
Wow! I just decided to check if mine was flaking, and it is! This is a 3 week old phone.

OP
Maverick0984

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Wow! I just decided to check if mine was flaking, and it is! This is a 3 week old phone.

Yeah, everyone's will eventually do it, it is a design flaw. You can postpone it with things like the polish but it will happen eventually.

DougNg

Reaction score
If enough of us let VZW and Motorola that this is an issue, then perhaps they won't use this cheap paint again on the surface of the buttons. I already opened up complaints with both companies

rayswift

Reaction score
That's why I don't even use the button and use the camera app on my home screen because the gold button is slow to boot up the camera anyways.

OP
Maverick0984

Maverick0984

Reaction score
That's why I don't even use the button and use the camera app on my home screen because the gold button is slow to boot up the camera anyways.

I didn't really use it either. I don't think it really matters.

eccentriq

Reaction score
Regardless of you using the camera button or not, it WILL flake off - it's inevitable.

jcardona1

Reaction score
just looked at my button today and realized half of the gold is gone. WTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!