going to mobile FB site instead of touch site

kianpepper

Reaction score
Last week, my droid started redirecting facebook.com to m.facebook.com instead of touch.facebook.com

When I really need the touch or desktop site, I do the about:debug trick. But I want it to go back to automatically bringing me to the touch site.

Halp pls?

Bumped from bottom:
Okay. Normally on a droid, when you type in facebook.com, it will redirect you to the touch screen friendly site touch.facebook.com

That's what my home page is set to.

For some reason, it now decides to take me to the crappy mobile site. Even when I type "touch.facebook.com" in the url.
Its very annoying and the mobile site sucks

Last edited:

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
My wife was complaining about this, i just installed dolphin browser HD, set it as the default, and set it's UAString to Desktop (it retains its settings, so you don't have to do the about:debug, fixed her problem on her X. Not sure why it started doing that all of a sudden.

By the way, welcome to the forums :)

kparks

Reaction score
Clarify the question a lil.... I don't use Facebook but at the bottom of the site there should be a way to change it. other than that ill bump again lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
K

kianpepper

Reaction score
Okay. Normally on a droid, when you type in facebook.com, it will redirect you to the touch screen friendly site touch.facebook.com

That's what my home page is set to.

For some reason, it now decides to take me to the crappy mobile site. Even when I type "touch.facebook.com" in the url.
Its very annoying and the mobile site sucks

Last edited:

brokenroad217

Reaction score
Apparently Facebook has taken down the touch site since I can't even access it from my PC