Going into Multimedia Mode on its own.

DroidZ06

Reaction score
I put a magnet mount on my dash and a metal piece with 3m tape on the phone and everytime I put the phone up to the Magnet, it goes into Multimedia mode.

I can close it and get out of it, but I have to do this everytime I take the phone off and put it back on. I'm using this practically all day every day, as my work requires me to be driving around everywhere and I'm using the NAV on it.

Any idea how I can shut this off?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I put a magnet mount on my dash and a metal piece with 3m tape on the phone and everytime I put the phone up to the Magnet, it goes into Multimedia mode.

I can close it and get out of it, but I have to do this everytime I take the phone off and put it back on. I'm using this practically all day every day, as my work requires me to be driving around everywhere and I'm using the NAV on it.

Any idea how I can shut this off?
Ill look, but just to let you now this is how dock mode is enabled...through the magnet. Is it possible for you to move the magnet? its only on one part of the phone. (on offical accessories, magnets are used to enable the mode.)

hoppermi

Reaction score
Flip the magnet over and it will go into car home:)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

born2golf

Reaction score
There are two magnet triggers. One for car mode and the other for multimedia. They are small and right next to eachother. Genuine dash mounts use a clamp to grab the phone and have a small magnet precisely located to trigger the car mode, Your method is overwhelming the triggers.