Going from Libery 2.0.1 to CM7

nolan135

Reaction score
Ok, so. I just flashed my first ROM the other night. It was Liberty 2.0.1. I enjoy the features and stuff that are on it. I was doing some research and i like the reviews of CM7. Since I flashed liberty, my battery has lasted more than twice as long. Im not sure if this is because of the underclock when screen is off or if the ROM had an impact itself? im not sure. anyway, i was wondering if i could get some advice about CM7 and if its worth switching over and what not. any information on the CM7 ROM or switching over would be greatly appreciated.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, so. I just flashed my first ROM the other night. It was Liberty 2.0.1. I enjoy the features and stuff that are on it. I was doing some research and i like the reviews of CM7. Since I flashed liberty, my battery has lasted more than twice as long. Im not sure if this is because of the underclock when screen is off or if the ROM had an impact itself? im not sure. anyway, i was wondering if i could get some advice about CM7 and if its worth switching over and what not. any information on the CM7 ROM or switching over would be greatly appreciated.

Hey bro! I've been on everything! And depends on what your looking for in a rom? I just recently came over to cm7 and its fast highly customizable .. its the most updated rom available I believe! Because its open source and of course on many many devices now! I have a couple minor issues however. Alt lock and brightness on the backlight on keyboard but I fugured out how to get it up again..Lib v.08 and .09 were awesome too!! But not many themes.. metamorph is my budy in that case lol...apex is fast and great battery..those are the top ones in my opinion. But remember cm7 is new and can do soooo much others cannot and nightlies come in like clockwork..lol
So givem a whirl!! No issues normally as long as you read up and do everything in order and to the t...good romming bro!

One fast Droid 2(CM7 b21)

OP
nolan135

nolan135

Reaction score
how is the battery life on CM7? and are there a lot of other bugs when you boot it on the droid 2? i understand that it is still in beta for it.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
how is the battery life on CM7? and are there a lot of other bugs when you boot it on the droid 2? i understand that it is still in beta for it.

Well.. I know the alt lock is the issue all of us d2 users have due to the mapping of the d1..I believe...And when I first flashed I myself before flashing any nightlies, was just that. But if you check the cm7 thread you'll find some people have some and some don't.. just make sure you WIPE data and cache and dalvick and make sure you mount system,though some don't I use to not but do now. And there are instructuions all over the forums..I'm sure you will be able to flash since your on froyo! Btw, I personally loved gingerbread leak too..didn't think I would, but I did! I think the battery life was awesome for me on cm7 but some don't..hope this helps!
REMEMBER TO MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS and check the forums here and read up before anything. You'll be fine bro.

OP
nolan135

nolan135

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the advice. I think I might wait it out until CM7 is a little more stable for the droid 2. I like liberty and I'm still trying to figure a lot of things out about it. I can't seem to get my bootanimation.zip to work. It was under bootanimation.bak. idk what that means.

Sent from my Liberated DROID 2

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the advice. I think I might wait it out until CM7 is a little more stable for the droid 2. I like liberty and I'm still trying to figure a lot of things out about it. I can't seem to get my bootanimation.zip to work. It was under bootanimation.bak. idk what that means.

Well I hope I didn't get you too worried..lol its not that bad lol. Just make a backup and check it out..or wait..I know I waited..lol but the boot animation can be changed in the toolbox if I remember correctly.. I know there are boot animation changers in the market... jrummy has root tools app that has some for sure and should get you to stock or whichever one you want..remember these forums can help you fix anything! Good luck and happy flashing !!!

loki993

Reaction score

Stable? Its plenty stable and fast. Ive been running it for like 2 weeks now. Did I mention it was fast?

Only issues I have that I can think of off the top of my head is the alt lock doesnt work. This may never get fixed becasue of the D1 keyboard mapping.

The battery life is not too good, IMO. It drains the battery about twice as fast as it ever did on liberty. For me though its worth charging my phone more. Its that good I think and its fast.

itsmontoya

Reaction score

Stable? Its plenty stable and fast. Ive been running it for like 2 weeks now. Did I mention it was fast?

Only issues I have that I can think of off the top of my head is the alt lock doesnt work. This may never get fixed becasue of the D1 keyboard mapping.

The battery life is not too good, IMO. It drains the battery about twice as fast as it ever did on liberty. For me though its worth charging my phone more. Its that good I think and its fast.

Killed my desire to try CM7 right there. I'll stick with Liberty GB .9 :)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just try it. The battery life isn't the best, but it depends on the individual. It's really the best rom imo and is super stable. I mean, I have no issues whatsoever. If on froyo:
Dl latest nightly from download.cyanogenmod.com (find cdma_droid2 on the left side)
Dl google apps from the cm thread or rom manager
Boot into clockwork
Wipe data
Wipe cache
Wipe dalvik cache (under advanced)
Mount system (just do it!)
Install cm7
Install google Apps zip
Reboot.
Enjoy!

CM74D2