going from d2g to dx ..... some questions

zero7404

Reaction score
as the title says ..... switching fones.

i use titanium to back only my user apps (with data). i believe z4root works with the droid x too, so if i use titanium to restore on the dx, will i encounter any issues?

i plan on mirroring the contents of my d2g sd card onto the sd card that comes with the dx. also have all my apps on internal memory rather than on the sd card.

one other question i had: when i sbf my d2g back to stock, does this remove root/superuser completely? have no way of telling for sure because id have to go thru the activate process.

posted via android

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I don't know if you'll run into issues restoring from a different phone. Haven't heard of anyone doing it, so be careful with that.

As far as the sbf. Yes when you sbf you go back to completely bone stock out of the box. Its like you never touched it.

sent from somewhere...

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
thanks ...
i am thinking there will be no issue restoring, because i am just restoring user installed apps and their data. i don't use titanium anymore to backup system data, because restoring results in issues sometimes.

for my calendar i sync with gmail, but for my contacts i do an export directly on the phone, since i don't sync contacts with gmail.

i think this will be relatively painless .... just going to transfer everything thats on my current sd card to the new sd card, then set up the dx with my accounts and restore using titanium.

z4root 1.3 will work with the dx, right ?