Go SMS Pro constantly crashing.

HLYuall

Reaction score
My Go SMS Pro keeps crashing on me. It's either super laggy to the point where my whole phone freezes and i have to remove the battery to restart it or the programs takes a dive. I think part of the problem is me having way too many messages stored within the program. I have tried deleting them but my phone freezes when I try to do so. So my question is. Is there a manual way I can delete my messages besides using Go SMS Pro to do so? And is there any other way to fix my crashing problem?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Go to settings - apps - all, find Go SMS, select it and wipe data.

You could also probably use a cache wipe (at least) in stock recovery.

OP
H

HLYuall

Reaction score
I went to Go SMS Pro and hit the "Clear Data" button but the messages are still there. When I open GO SMS Pro after I clear the data it just shows the "tips" stuff when you first originally install it.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Uninstall GO SMS, go to the stock messaging app and delete all your messages. Then reinstall GO SMS if you want it back. Once you reach a certain amount of text messages it will cause you problems. My sister had over 5000 messages to her boyfriend that locked up her Dinc2 and a friend of mine had several thousand messages to everyone he talks to, same problem, different phone and carrier. Both of them fixed the issues by deleting their messages. You should do this once a week for really heavy messaging or once a month for average. Also turn on the option to delete old messages when the space is full. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2

Gadget Man

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Make sure you have the default keyboard enabled. That did the trick for me.

Gadget Man

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
1) make sure your input keyboard is set to "default keyboard" (settings/language and input)

2) re-install the app

3) it should launch just fine