GNow Handlebars Is An Easy Solution for Google Now on ICS!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-now.jpg

There have been some methods to install Google Now on Ice Cream Sandwich to emerge, but none have been quite as easy to use as GNow Handlebars. Before you would have to be rooted with a custom recovery installed and you would need to flash a googlenow.zip. Sometimes this would work, other times it would not. Developer "Reekotubbs" has created a better way. His app is sideloadable like any other apk. The app has many different versions of the Google Now app. It allows you to install one, see if it works then gives you the option to return to your original google search so you can try a different version if the first version doesn't work out. The app has been out long enough for all the bugs and kinks to be worked out. Head to the source link and give it a whirl on your ICS device!

Via XDA

jayman350

Reaction score
This is a great solution...if we could access it.

there are 3 different download links at the bottom of the post on XDA

I may need to check this out over the weekend, been missing GNOW when I'm on ICS. Too bad I actually have work to do today, otherwise I would be all over this.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Feel like I'm missing something.

I'm rooted and on ICS, but I'm not seeing Google Now anywhere. Just regular Google Search.