GMail sync

frandroid2

Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been asked, but it seems like my gmail takes forever to sync. Like if I delete mail, using my laptop, it is still there on the phone. I am still trying to decide if I will use the gmail app or the native email app. but both have this same issue.
thank you in advance for any help

If you're using a power profile other than performance mode or have always-on data turned off you could have to wait for the sync to cycle at it's set interval or manually refresh. The stock mail app is horrible and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The stock Gmail app is at least workable. Not the best or worst.

Thank you MrSmith for answering. Where do I find the option to turn the data off and on.....:) I have thh stock gmail app and I do prefer it to the native email app, but it takes some getting used to coming from my old phone lol thanks again!

Thank you MrSmith for answering. Where do I find the option to turn the data off and on.....:) I have thh stock gmail app and I do prefer it to the native email app, but it takes some getting used to coming from my old phone lol thanks again!

Always on-data is under settings -> power I believe. I'm currently backing up my phone so I can't check exactly.

So here is what I have noticed:
when I am in the gmail app and refresh, it does not refresh to update the emails that I have deleted from my email on another device. when I go to sync, it still does not delete. unless I am missing something when I delete my email from my computer the app on the phone should no longer show them. However, even emails I deleted/or read yesterday afternoon are still showing new on the phone.

So here is what I have noticed:
when I am in the gmail app and refresh, it does not refresh to update the emails that I have deleted from my email on another device. when I go to sync, it still does not delete. unless I am missing something when I delete my email from my computer the app on the phone should no longer show them. However, even emails I deleted/or read yesterday afternoon are still showing new on the phone.

That's weird. Check your gmail account in accounts. Do you have a sync stuck ??

I checked, it is set to push mail. The native app is the one that is not deleting read/discarded mail. But the settings are the same for it as with the gmail app. So I have no clue as to why it is acting weird. I am going to VZW tomorrow so I will ask then. Thank you for your help! :)

I checked, it is set to push mail. The native app is the one that is not deleting read/discarded mail. But the settings are the same for it as with the gmail app. So I have no clue as to why it is acting weird. I am going to VZW tomorrow so I will ask then. Thank you for your help! :)

First of all, I agree with Smith - the stock email app sucks. I use the Gmail app for all my email accounts (pop3 and gmail). Anytime the Gmail app is not doing exactly what it is supposed to do, the first thing I do is this: Home Screen/Settings/Apps/All/Gmail and then press the Clear Data button. It will take the Gmail app a minute or so to re-sync, but all will be well then.

Here's how to setup all your email accounts to be pushed to the Gmail app on your phone: Using Gmail as your own personal push mail server

Good luck.

Thank you Bayou! I appreciate it. I won't push ALL my mail to my phone lol that would be waaay to much going on :p but I truly appreciate the info!

Thank you Bayou! I appreciate it. I won't push ALL my mail to my phone lol that would be waaay to much going on :p but I truly appreciate the info!

Ok, I think I finally got this.. Don't use the stock mail app. Try K-9, or enhanced email, or anything else...lol That abomination should've been left by the wayside.

Stock GMail app is fine...stock E-mail app .... ugh.

Back