Gmail Sync Problem

Newps

Reaction score
This problem started today, up until today Gmail worked fine on the phone. I have the sync enabled on the phone. However it won't get the emails. Along the top gray stripe it will say how many emails are in my inbox but below that it will say No Connection with a "Retry" box to the right of that. Hitting the retry box does not get any emails. I can go online thru the Droids browser and log into my Gmail account and get my emails. When I delete a few emails and then bring up the Gmail program the gray stripe across the top will have the correct number of emails left in the inbox so obviously it has synced but it has stopped bringing in the actual emails themselves. I also set up a Gmail account in the phones email program and that gets the emails fine. Anybody seen this?

Reaction score
Restart the phone and it should work for the time being... Im sure you have tons of emails on gmails server right? if so, i think you have wayy to much and the phone stoped downloading new ones. try deleting so emails and with a restart everything should work again.

OP
N

Newps

Reaction score
I did restart the phone, to no avail. I had 10 emails in my Gmail account and then I deleted 8 of them. My phone correctly shows two but will not download them to the phone.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to settings > applications > manage applications

Then hit menu button on your phone and select filter > all apps

Scroll down to gmail and clear data and cache

Go back one screen and find gmail storage. Clear data and cache.

Fixed!