Gmail Question

Bruce3431

Reaction score
I had two Gmail accounts and was only really using one. A few days ago I deleted the Gmail account I didn't use. Now, every few minutes the yellow triangle appears in my notification bar telling me my password for my Gmail account (the one I deleted) is invalid. I know when I deleted this account Gmail advised it took 24-48 hours for the deletion to take place. It's been more than two days. Any ideas on how I can get this to stop notifying me?

badcat

Reaction score
How did you delete the account? You have to remove the account from your phone so it will stop trying to sync with it.

OP
B

Bruce3431

Reaction score
Thanks. Yes; I attempted to do that. When I do, it tells me that to delete that account I will have to do a factory reset (which I really don't want to do). I do have that particular account's settings disabled so it shouldn't be syncing anything (it syncs to my other Gmail account).

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Removing via setting-->accounts &sync--->google---> click account then remove?

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

OP
B

Bruce3431

Reaction score
Yes; when I go to settings>accounts>sync>remove .... I get a message that tells me "This account is required by some applications. You can remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data). You do that in the Settings application, under Privacy.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Strange I just removed both of mine then added them back with no problem.

Do when you deleted the gmail did you do it via Google's website?
Does android market still function properly?
The triangle error almost sounds like the email was connected to the market and android is trying to check for background updates but can't connect to the market, but doesn't explain why you can't remove the account.

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

samiusmc

Reaction score
Did you delete the cache and data from the Gmail app? If not, try it.

OP
B

Bruce3431

Reaction score
Yes; I did remove the one account via the Google website. I just deleted the cache and data from the Gmail app. We'll see what happens. Thanks very much to both of your for your advice. I'll let you know.