Gmail not pushing emails

phatkat66

Reaction score
Ever since I flashed the 2.0 rom my gmail hasn't pushed the emails through. I thought it was just an issue with 2.0 but now being with the most current update it still is doing the same thing.

Anyone know of a remedy? Thanks.

thejacked1

Reaction score
Will it receive, just not send?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

thejacked1

Reaction score
Try going to ...settings, applications, all apps, Gmail, and clear data.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
The gmail app will not update on its own at all. If I go on the site ill see i have 6 new mail, the app will only show w.e. was there the last time i went in and "refreshed" if i go to refresh it will pull all the new mail I have.

Ill try erasing data from the app hope that doesnt erase any thing important lol

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
I went into accounts and sycn and somehow nothing was checked off for my accounts being synced with contacts, gmail or calendar. Im assuming that was the culprit >_>

krosenqu

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with stock droid rom rooted (902). The only way I can get Gmail to update is by clicking on refresh in the app itself or by going to account settings and doing a manual refresh. I'm not sure when this started. I'm pretty sure since I rooted.

Sadahiro

Reaction score
Do you guys have it to sync every X minutes or whatever? You might need to change that duration. Are you guys running .901 compatible Kinetx on .902 update? Cuz that also might be your problem

krosenqu

Reaction score
Found the issue. I had a power widget on one of my home screens that I never really looked at before. Long story short, data sync was turned off. Apparently this doesn't show up in the settings anywhere. If data sync is off via the widget, no accounts will be set to sync automatically.

Last edited: