Gmail/No Connection

rlb

Reaction score
Mine stopped working tonight also. I tried this and got nothing, I think the phone is shot to hell, the date says december 31 1969 and the clock is 3 hours behind also lol.

I called vzw tech support but its too late, I guess i'll deal with them tomorrow.

Thanks for posting this though.

I think it's time for a hard reset...Back up what you can and go for it.

vtrider159

Reaction score
I just called up vzw tech support, I called yesturday about no sound during phone calles and they had me pull the battery, last night this other stuff happened.

They helped me sync gmail, the calendar wasn't syncing and still isn't but I don't use it anyway. The clock problem was a hardware issue and they had me reset it from settings.

So the ussue is resolved except for the calendar, but I don't need it anyway.

I'm glad I don't have to go to the vzw store, the stores are always crazy crowded around here.

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
No connection on Droid Gmail...

Here's how to fix the issue.

1. Go to Setting > Applications > Manage applications
2. From the menu button select filter all
3. Scroll to Gmail Storage > Clear data, then select OK

This will "reboot" your gmail accounts. Go back to your gmail icon and within a minute or two all your emails will be back on your device.

Works like a charm.

:reddroid:

This worked for me as well. Simple and easy. I got the error after trying to send a picture having poor signal.

Brokn68

Reaction score
Thanks for this work around as this issue just happened to me.

DwStallings

Reaction score
I have my phone linked to 3 separate gmail accounts. I started getting the "No Connecttion" error on the primary gmail account last night (this is the gmail account I logged into @ the Verizon store when I first received my droid). I tried to delete the account, but the phone wont let you delete the primary gmail account.

Note: Before you try the solution below, I would back up your contacts just to be safe. I didn't lose any of mine, but this never hurts. (Contacts > Press Menu button > Choose Import/Export).

I searched a bit and came across this:
Troubleshooting sync - Mobile Help
App: Troubleshooting sync

Print

On Android devices, the Gmail application is automatically synced with the Gmail server, and vice versa. If you experience problems with syncing, try clearing your device's Gmail application data and doing a fresh sync with the server.

Just follow these steps:

1. Press your device's < Home > button, then press < Menu >.
2. Select Settings and then Applications.
3. Select Manage applications.
3a. (On the Driod, you then have to press Menu again, press Filter, and choose the Show All option)
4. Select Gmail Storage and then select Clear data. Answer OK when prompted.
5. Return to the list of applications by pressing the < Back > key.
6. Select Gmail and then select Clear data. Answer OK when prompted.
7. Restart your device (Press and hold the < End call > button, then select Power off. Press < End call > to power on).

Your device will re-sync with the server after restarting (this may take several minutes)

Thank You Rib, this was annoying me for the past couple days.

credo

Reaction score
Rib, your method worked perfectly. This Gmail issue was driving me crazy all day.

PaulStephenSanto

Reaction score
Thank You So Much (rib) !!!!!!!!! That worked perfect......

I have my phone linked to 3 separate gmail accounts. I started getting the "No Connecttion" error on the primary gmail account last night (this is the gmail account I logged into @ the Verizon store when I first received my droid). I tried to delete the account, but the phone wont let you delete the primary gmail account.

Note: Before you try the solution below, I would back up your contacts just to be safe. I didn't lose any of mine, but this never hurts. (Contacts > Press Menu button > Choose Import/Export).

I searched a bit and came across this:
Troubleshooting sync - Mobile Help
App: Troubleshooting sync

Print

On Android devices, the Gmail application is automatically synced with the Gmail server, and vice versa. If you experience problems with syncing, try clearing your device's Gmail application data and doing a fresh sync with the server.

Just follow these steps:

1. Press your device's < Home > button, then press < Menu >.
2. Select Settings and then Applications.
3. Select Manage applications.
3a. (On the Driod, you then have to press Menu
again, press Filter, and choose the Show All option)
4. Select Gmail Storage and then select Clear data. Answer OK when prompted.
5. Return to the list of applications by pressing the < Back > key.
6. Select Gmail and then select Clear data. Answer OK when prompted.
7. Restart your device (Press and hold the < End call > button, then select Power off. Press < End call > to power on).

Your device will re-sync with the server after restarting (this may take several minutes)

Thank you. I was getting nervous because others were talking full re-start. Your simple fix worked like a charm. Now if I can just get my Contacts to sync.(an ongoing prob.) I'll really be happy. But Gmail is saved.