GMAIL messages

R

RETG

Did a search, but wasn't sure what to search for, not even sure what to title this message.

When I send an email form my Droid (gmail) it ends up on my computer a few minutes later. Sometimes it ends up as a "draft," sometimes it is received as a regular message.

I have searched gmails settings, and the settings on my X, but cannot find or understand what I have to do to stop these messages sent from the X from being sent back to my computer.

Anyone know what settings need to be changed?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
Searching for you.....but I cannot find a thing. I'll keep looking!

EDIT: Have you tried seeing if their was an update in the market place for your GMAIL app?

Throwing suggestions as I keep looking.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I send an email form my Droid (gmail) it ends up on my computer a few minutes later. Sometimes it ends up as a "draft," sometimes it is received as a regular message.
Can you provide more detail? When you say "on my computer" are you referring to the gmail site or a mail app on your PC?

OP
R

RETG

Example,
Last night I replied to four emails from my X. This morning when checking my emails on my computer (via Thunderbird), the four original emails were on my computer (as they should be since I have set my droid email NOT to delete the imap messages from GMAIL), but I also had the four replies I sent on my computer.

I had this same problem when using Outlook before switching to Thunderbird, so it is not a Thunderbird issue; however, I am starting to reply to emails more on the X than on the computer, and I find these copies of my replies irritating and not necessary.

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
Searching for you.....but I cannot find a thing. I'll keep looking!

EDIT: Have you tried seeing if their was an update in the market place for your GMAIL app?

Throwing suggestions as I keep looking.

You could always try calling your phone carrier's customer service and or google.

OP
B

bthomp21

Copies of your replies? As in the sent folder or what? I really dont understand whats going on.

I know gmail saves drafts while typing so it may just be a "lag" issue.

You replied to emails on your X, and you checked gmail on the computer and the original messages were there, did you delete them or something or they are still labeled as "new" on the computer when you know you checked them.

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
Could it be a Thunderbird setting?

Do you want your emails going to both devices?

bthomp21 I'm with you, now I'm getting confused.

Not sure you can stop them from going back to your computer because your account is linked.