Can the gmail app do this?

CKyle22

Reaction score
I have my gmail (on my computer) set up so that I can send email from my gmail account and from my University email address. On my computer, if I reply to a message sent to my Uni email, it says I sent it from there rather than from my gmail address.

Does the Droid's gmail app do that? If I get an email sent to [email protected], can I reply (from the gmail app), and have it appear to be sent from that address?

PS all my forwarding settings are correct.

EDIT: I believe this feature is called "Send Mail As" on the computer version of Gmail. Does Android support that?

Last edited:
M

Matth3w

Not really, you do it from GMail computer app if I'm not mistaken. When you are setting up your email you choose to have the default reply from your non-GMail app to either be from the non-GMail account or the GMail account. I think it defaults to GMail so you have to change it to send from your non-GMail.

Laramie

Reaction score
I have my gmail (on my computer) set up so that I can send email from my gmail account and from my University email address. On my computer, if I reply to a message sent to my Uni email, it says I sent it from there rather than from my gmail address.

Does the Droid's gmail app do that? If I get an email sent to [email protected], can I reply (from the gmail app), and have it appear to be sent from that address?

EDIT: I believe this feature is called "Send Mail As" on the computer version of Gmail. Does Android support that?

In short, Yes.

I just sent myself an email from my wife's ipod touch. Sent an email to my .edu address that's linked to my gmail to send and receive.

In my inbox, it showed up as being sent to me but on the .edu, not the .gmail, when I replied to her email and I sent it, I checked her ipod and the sender address was my .edu and NOT my .gmail

OP
C

CKyle22

Reaction score

In short, Yes.

I just sent myself an email from my wife's ipod touch. Sent an email to my .edu address that's linked to my gmail to send and receive.

In my inbox, it showed up as being sent to me but on the .edu, not the .gmail, when I replied to her email and I sent it, I checked her ipod and the sender address was my .edu and NOT my .gmail
Thanks! :)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
In short, Yes.

Sweet, good to know. I've got a few other email accounts I was thinking about just linking/pulling in with gmail. Thanks for the info laramie