Gmail issues, quirks?

jett78

Reaction score
It's amazing everything Google can do, but what's up with the Gmail app on this phone? Either I don't know what I'm doing, or they just didn't design it well, (give give enough options in settings).

• I can't "select all" messages or mass delete. I have to check each message individually. However, if I select messages, I can "deselect all". What's up with that?
  • When viewing an e-mail, then hitting delete, brings me back to the list of e-mails. Why can't I have the option to have it take me to the next e-mail? Or can I?
  • When viewing an e-mail, why won't it fit the message to the screen to where I don't have to scroll side to side? Terrible for reading text, having to scroll all over. Viewing my Gmail on my iTouch is so easy and clean looking.

switchedfromiphone

Reaction score
Mine will show my unread emails like "inbox 2" etc. but then it says "no conversations" and I can't even FIND my unread emails. I'm using the stock email app over the gmail app because I can't figure it out.

OP
jett78

jett78

Reaction score
Mine will show my unread emails like "inbox 2" etc. but then it says "no conversations" and I can't even FIND my unread emails. I'm using the stock email app over the gmail app because I can't figure it out.

Menu then "view labels" brings up all folders. If you can't find your new unread emails in there, good luck. Mine says "sync 4 days" and I can't figure out how to change that either.

I use the other stock e-mail app for my work only, because I don't want to risk sending out something with the wrong account to the wrong person.