Gmail contacts have disappeared

rflem550

Reaction score
When I got my Droid, I setup my Google account and my contacts were on my phone.

Something happened (I'm not sure what) and mow all of my Gmail and Gtalk contacts have been wiped off my phone AND my account when I login to Gmail.

So i have no contacts in my email (phone or computer) and my auto-complete for email addresses is not working (because there are no contacts).

Any ideas how this could happen and if there is anyway to restore them?

CGs

Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen.

When I first got my phone, it was a day before I got the people at Verizon to import my contacts from my old phone. For that first day, even though my phone was tied to my existing gmail account, all my contacts where fine.

The next day when I went in to Verizon, they imported my contacts and then set up the Autosync and backup.

When I got home I noticed that all my gmail contacts had been replaced with the contacts from my phone. All the old gmail contacts from the last few years are gone! The annoying part is when I send email, I don't get autocomplete of email addresses anymore....

I'm not sure if it is something they did in the store, or user error- but it appears it happened at the store.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen.

When I first got my phone, it was a day before I got the people at Verizon to import my contacts from my old phone. For that first day, even though my phone was tied to my existing gmail account, all my contacts where fine.

The next day when I went in to Verizon, they imported my contacts and then set up the Autosync and backup.

When I got home I noticed that all my gmail contacts had been replaced with the contacts from my phone. All the old gmail contacts from the last few years are gone! The annoying part is when I send email, I don't get autocomplete of email addresses anymore....

I'm not sure if it is something they did in the store, or user error- but it appears it happened at the store.

This is why I think it's so much better to get the phone from on line or on the phone then to have Verizon people be "helpful" and move your contacts for you. Fortunately for me that didn't happen. All my contacts were in gmail.