GMail app not syncing

akiles

Reaction score
I'm on a stock ROM, sys ver. 748. I've frozen a boatload of apps and everything seemed to be working fine.
Just recently I've noticed that Gmail does not sync. I have to hit Menu->Refresh to get my email.
I was under the impression the gmail app was autonomous and not dependant on other services to sync -I guess I was wrong. I've tried to pinpoint the culprit for days now, but no luck. My Hotmail app gets mail pushed within seconds, but Gmail is no longer pushed.
Does anyone know if there is a component (an app) that prevents gmail from syncing if frozen? I can provide a list of what I've frozen if that would make it easier.
Thanks for your help.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
I'm on a stock ROM, sys ver. 748. I've frozen a boatload of apps and everything seemed to be working fine.
Just recently I've noticed that Gmail does not sync. I have to hit Menu->Refresh to get my email.
I was under the impression the gmail app was autonomous and not dependant on other services to sync -I guess I was wrong. I've tried to pinpoint the culprit for days now, but no luck. My Hotmail app gets mail pushed within seconds, but Gmail is no longer pushed.
Does anyone know if there is a component (an app) that prevents gmail from syncing if frozen? I can provide a list of what I've frozen if that would make it easier.
Thanks for your help.

This was going on with me too

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Doublecheck a couple of things...go to settings - accounts - click on your Google account and make sure that Gmail is sync'd there (you can toggle it as well)...The other is long press on your home screen (will need a space open for a widget 4x1), select widget and scroll down to toggle: power control and select that - make sure that the 4th one from the left is on (this is 2 arrows going in circles)...

OP
A

akiles

Reaction score
Ha! Thanks for the replies, fellas.
I tried both suggestions from Yank and stGirl and the sync control did the trick -thank you! Funny thing is, I can swear I have never turned sync off. So went to the settigns and I could not find the entry to control Sync! I can only see it from the power widget.
Where is it?