Gmail does not sync

mcgilles

Reaction score
Title says it all.
I cannot seem to get gmail to sync Reliably. It shows the last sync on 1/29.
Background data is turned on. Gmail is set to sync. In the data menu when I try to manually sync the icon rotates.then stops. The date doesn't update and gmail is still out of date. Refresh in gmail does nothing. What ami doing wrong?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Title says it all.
I cannot seem to get gmail to sync Reliably. It shows the last sync on 1/29.
Background data is turned on. Gmail is set to sync. In the data menu when I try to manually sync the icon rotates.then stops. The date doesn't update and gmail is still out of date. Refresh in gmail does nothing. What ami doing wrong?

I use the Gmail app exclusively and I occasionally have the same issue. I go to Applications/Manage Applications/All/Gmail/Clear Data. It then takes the app a few minutes to sort itself out, but that has always fixed it for me.

Good luck.

OP
M

mcgilles

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately I've tried that already. It doesn't seem to help.
Im getting some email. Just hours after it arrives. And I get it instanly on the browser. Is there a settin which governs how often gmail checks and updates?I read something about an auto updatecheck box which I've.never found. Alzowhere are the settings for his many days worth gmail.will sync. Maybe its syncing too much?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1. In the Gmail app: Menu/Accounts/Account Settings make sure Background Data and Auto-sync are both checked.

2. In the Gmail app: Menu/More/Labels/Number of Days to Sync - 4 seems to be the standard, but I've never played with this setting so I know next to nothing about it.

Good luck.

OP
M

mcgilles

Reaction score
I think its starting to get better. But.its still.not quite right. In the account settings all I have is data delivery. It has check.boxes for background data. Roaming data. And data enabled. They are allchecked. Thereis.no auto sync box anywhere to be found. Is there an update I don't have or something?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think its starting to get better. But.its still.not quite right. In the account settings all I have is data delivery. It has check.boxes for background data. Roaming data. And data enabled. They are allchecked. Thereis.no auto sync box anywhere to be found. Is there an update I don't have or something?

Guess that is one of the difference between the X and the Droid 1.

erict

Reaction score

Put the power widget on your home screen and make sure the auto sync is turned on (green).

The Albatross

Reaction score
I do not get notifications from Gmail. The only time the Gmail app syncs is when I go into accounts and choose it to manually sync now. The push notifications are gone. I am running Liberty GB.

louy99

Reaction score
Try going to settings/applications/manage apps. Choose gmail and click clear data. See if that does the trick. Sometimes that needs to be done

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

louy99

Reaction score
Reflash the rom or a different rom.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums