gmail app forcecloses

coastiescott

Reaction score
here is the back story: i rooted my d3, then after a week or so flashed steel droid 3.0 and everything worked fine, then i nandroid backed it up, and put the darkninja theme on, but i decided the next day i didn't care for that theme. so i attempted to restore the nandroid backup, but my phone said the  md5 did not match. i attempted an the pre-steel droid backup with the same result, so i attempted the backup i made before rooting, and this one was successful accept that when i rebooted my phone afterwards it went into a boot-loop of the Motorola dual-core technology screen. i used the RSDlite softbrick restore and it fixed my phone, after a a few minuted of making sure i had full functionality, i re-rooted my phone and put steel droid back on. everything was dandy! till the next afternoon, a little over a day, i went to check my email and found that i no longer had the gmail app. i know i had it when i first got steel droid back on the phone. i downloaded the app back off the market, but now it force-closes every time i start it.<br>

max8126

Reaction score
Had the same issue. Reinstalling the gmail app solves it.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums