everything forceclosing after restore???

kalibos

Reaction score
hello all, this is my first time posting on this site but i have been lurking and reading up for a while.
so my problem is that i installed the blackglass deodexerrr and then the serenity theme and unistalled launchpro by mistake and had just a blank screen with just the taskbar.

i made a backup using the clockwork recovery before i started messing with the phone but when i restored the phone i unlocked the lockscreen and there is still nothing so i restarted the phone in the recovery mode and did a factory reset but now everything is forceclosing and i can't pull up a homescreen...tried to restore the backup i made and got the same result

is there anything else i can do to get the phone back to normal?
any help would be greatly appreciated

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you wipe data/cache in recovery before doing the restore?

also, glad to see you finally joined :)

OP
kalibos

kalibos

Reaction score
no i didn't wipe the data or cache before doing the restore, was i suppossed to?

also, thanks for the reply

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thats probably whats causing the FCing. boot into recovery and do that and then restore your backup.

OP
kalibos

kalibos

Reaction score
i really hate this, i saw the red serenity screen and just coldn't resist giving it a try and now i'm rally down about screwing up my phone:mad:

OP
kalibos

kalibos

Reaction score
ok, i'll give that a try.... fingers crossed

OP
kalibos

kalibos

Reaction score
ok, i wiped it and did the retore and still getting the same thing where all my apps are forceclosing and it is asking me to create all my accounts again like it is fresh out the box.

when i press the home key to bypass the setup and hit launchpro it just forcecloses, it's kinda like it only did half of a factory reset where it is taking me through the setup again like it was new but still has all my apps that i installed...i'm lost lol

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you shouldnt have to recreate anything if you selected the correct items to backup when doing a backup... did you change any of them?

you can apply a stock update.zip from 928 to get back to stock..

OP
kalibos

kalibos

Reaction score
basically all i have now is just a black screen with a taskbar and everytime i hit the home key launcherpro instantly force closes over and over and over

OP
kalibos

kalibos

Reaction score
i didn't change anything just followed the promps for making the backup.
i made the backup before i deodexed it so i need to get the odex version right?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
go into system/app and see if you have any .odex files.

edit: can you even do this if LP is forceclosing?
idk if a restore touches the system files in your case... you might be better off flashing the full 2.2 SBF

Rootzwiki

OP
kalibos

kalibos

Reaction score
finally! i actually made tw0 backups on different sd cards and the second one worked! totally fogaot i even made a second
...anyways, thanks for the help... i will continue to keep reading awhile before i try to mess around with te phone again! lol

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no problem :)

and now that theres a full 2.2 sbf, u can feel a little more assured u can restore your phone back to stock if you break something lol

OP
kalibos

kalibos

Reaction score
lol, i think it ill be awhile before i try to change things up again:wacko: