Gmail and Google Talk Not working

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
Problem started over the weekend. I can't launch Google Talk and no e-mails are being pushed to my account.

I don't think I changed anything... anyone have any ideas? I can't access the settings on Google Talk because it doesn't even launch. Goes straight back to the Home screen.

I've tried pulling the battery and powering it off and on... I can't figure this out. Please help.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
Apparently other people are having this problem with "low on space" notification... even if there's tons of space on the phone??

uggg

OP
D

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
I uninstalled the game SliceIt and now it's syncing... wtf?

alphanumerritt

Reaction score
Triple threat: 'Talk' dead, 'Gmail' dead, 'Low on space' notification

I'm having the same problem. Started today and can't seem to fix it. I don't have SliceIt.

Seems to be a lot of uncertainty around the 'low on space' notification and no consistently reliable solution other than wiping the phone. (Btw, anyone know what the rest of the notification actually says? Seems like it suggests some trouble shooting steps, but I don't know how to read the entire notification)

Any advice?

alphanumerritt

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Started today and can't seem to fix it. I don't have SliceIt.

Seems to be a lot of uncertainty around the 'low on space' notification and no consistently reliable solution other than wiping the phone. (Btw, anyone know what the rest of the notification actually says? Seems like it suggests some trouble shooting steps, but I don't know how to read the entire notification)

Any advice?
Just uninstalled the CES App and all my troubles went away. Guess I won't be planning my CES trip on my phone!

OP
D

Dukefrukem

Reaction score

Any advice?
Just uninstalled the CES App and all my troubles went away. Guess I won't be planning my CES trip on my phone!

From all the problems people are having, the main culprit is this 'low on space' notification bug. It's causing the phone to think there's no space left to store cache, messages and to continue to push information to the phone.

HTC needs to fix this... I'm on the verge of going back to my original droid or upgrading to the Droid 2.

As it stands right now I can't download any new apps otherwise I get this 'low on space' notification, which causes mail and gtalk to stop working...

ilovesbux

Reaction score
I'm havin the same issue. Sooo annoying. I uninstalled swype and the "low on space" error went away for a few hrs and then came back randomly and gmail & gtalk aren't working

alphanumerritt

Reaction score
As terrible as this bug is (can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet) I at least have found ways to deal with it. As soon as I see that low space death notification, I head to settings > manage apps and clear the caches of whatever apps I can. Facebook seems to continually expand in memory usage, so I can usually clean things up just by clearing the data from that app. Kind of a pain to reenter my info for the app, but not as bad as some.
Shame in HTC for this debacle.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

ilovesbux

Reaction score
As terrible as this bug is (can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet) I at least have found ways to deal with it. As soon as I see that low space death notification, I head to settings > manage apps and clear the caches of whatever apps I can. Facebook seems to continually expand in memory usage, so I can usually clean things up just by clearing the data from that app. Kind of a pain to reenter my info for the app, but not as bad as some.
Shame in HTC for this debacle.

What is all the data FB is using (22 MB)? If I clear it what do I have to re-enter (besides my username and password)?

alphanumerritt

Reaction score
Not sure why the memory consumption balloons like that. I suspect it has something to do with the image feed but whatever. As I recall you just need to re-enter user name and password and then tweak the settings to what you had before.