Glitchy DNA advice...

NGhovaee

Reaction score
Ok, this is my first post on this site. My name is Nick :) Basically I had to get the DNA, I read the specs and fell in love. Only negatives obviously are no additional memory or battery cover removal...whatever, I accept that. My phone started showing an icon on the top of a SIM Card with an exclamation point. I tried soft reset, power off, everything....It eventually went away but still reappears from time to time. The phone proximity sensor also sometimes acts up, for instance...if im on a call and need to access something the screen flashes on and off rapidly to the point of where i cant even hang up the phone...i have to wait for the other person to hang up :( long story short, i called tech support (verizon) and spoke to like 3 different people. They offered to send me a refurb. I need an unbiased opinion, I raised enough hell for the manager to agree to send me my choice of a refurb DNA or a refurb galaxy s3 that will come without battery or cover. Please advise...I'm indecisive and need opinions, stick it out an keep the DNA or try out the galaxy s3??!??!?!!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Welcome to the board!

Did Verizon ever try going to the store to get a new SIM card?

It could be you got a lemon and a refurb may rid of your SIM and sensor problems. However, the s3 is also a very good phone even though it's a bit older than the DNA. I can't offer you an unbiased opinion, as I was the owner of an s3 for a week, but I liked that phone quite a bit even though I decided to turn back to my Nexus. I have not seen or had any hands-on time with the DNA so I can't give an opinion on that other than it seems like a very good phone, going by specs and pics.

comk4ver

Reaction score
I have the same issue regarding the flashing of the screen with three out of four phones (og droid, droid X, and gn) try pressing the volume buttons. I use accessibility in order to hang up the phone by pressing the power button. I recommend you go to the settings>display choose ten minutes turn off screen. Most phone calls don't last more than five minutes to begin with.