HTC DNA or Droid Razr Maxx HD?

HTC1234

Reaction score
Htc Dna all the way. The screen is horrible on the Motorola compared to htc's

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Four weeks ago at this moment, I still sported the same Motorola Pro* since the end of February '11. As the proud owner now of a gleaming HTC DNA - which IMHO is to the Pro what the Pro is to a feature phone - I can tell you it was running neck and neck with the RAZR MAXX HD in my mind.

Of course, one of the RAZR MAXX HD's signature assets is its massive battery life. Thing is, that doesn't affect how much electric power I ultimately need to run the phone, only how often I need to actually charge it. (As brad92 kindly pointed out to me, it's like a car with a bigger gas tank - but the same MPG.) Since I'm not often far from an outlet I control, and even when I am I don't consider myself a "power user," extreme battery life means quite a bit less to me than to many folks on here.

On the other hand, I tend to have multiple apps running, including starting from bootup. My Pro was running like molasses in January. So quad-core really sealed the deal for me. Plus, I figured that a phone which already has a quad-core processor would probably also kick butt in the other areas that matter...and so far I haven't been disappointed.**

And btw, the DNA's video is out of this world.

[*] On a side note, smartphones seem to depreciate even faster than PCs and laptops. I paid $260 for my wife's and my own Pros back then, with a two-year Verizon Wireless contract renewal. Already this past summer, VZW had started giving them away free with new two-year contracts.

[**] For the same reason, previously I also considered the LG Optimus G.

Whichever one you end up picking, enjoy!

Jeff Deutsch

keres01

Reaction score
most on the droid dna forum are going to say droid dna

JennyM

Reaction score
Feel the exact same way...was really excited about the dna...and still think its a great phone,however compared to the Maxx HD,purchasing the DNA gains you a little better screen with otherwise
severe limitations.
With jellybean now out for the Maxx hd it was not a hard choice for my wife.

Is Jellybean REALLY available??? Or is it "coming"?

Is it available for the Droid Razr HD? I'm trying to decide between that phone and the DNA.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Yes jelly bean is available for the RAZR HD series. If you buy it new they may be pre-installed.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

JennyM

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I finally decided and ordered the DNA, wanted a decent camera and think I can live with the disadvantages of the DNA (few as they are).

Yes jelly bean is available for the RAZR HD series. If you buy it new they may be pre-installed.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Was about to ask same question when I saw this thread. I currently have the Samsung GS3 (came from a MAXX) my Maxx decided to heat up and burn my leg one day (loved the phone otherwise) as for the GS3, Great phone BUT tired of the lousy signal reception. Frustrating to try and find info these days on Phones acting as a phone.

So, MAXX HD or DNA is where I'm at BUT I just need to get an idea (especially from any fringe reception users) about signal strength/reception for the actual phone function on the DNA.

djsystem

Reaction score
p1.png

Link Download

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Concept key lime pie, the link is on his post.