Giving Wife My Razr Maxx (SIM Card question)

balticzar

Reaction score
Just snagged the Galaxy S3 (hopefully I'll have better luck with it than the Nexus).

At any rate, giving my Razr Maxx to the wife. She has a Droid Charge. The two sim cards are different sizes. I was hoping to just swap them out but that's not possible obviously. Do I have to get her a whole new sim card or is there some work around that will allow her to use my old sim and just leave the old one in the Maxx? Thanks guys!!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
You'll either have to cut her old SIM card to fit in the MAXX with a micro SIM cutter like this one, or you'll have to get a new SIM from Verizon (a corporate store should give you one for free). She won't be able to use your old SIM since it is or was tied to your account.

OP
B

balticzar

Reaction score
You'll either have to cut her old SIM card to fit in the MAXX with a micro SIM cutter like this one, or you'll have to get a new SIM from Verizon (a corporate store should give you one for free). She won't be able to use your old SIM since it is or was tied to your account.

Thank you very much for your response and direction. Kinda what I thought but I was hoping there might have been a work around. At any rate, I'll be off to VZW in the morning to get her a SIM. Sounds like a better option than cutting.

Again, thanks.