Gingerbreak safe?

Dovahkiin2011

Reaction score
So im trying to convince someone to root their phone but they were too nervous about it so I decided to make this. The way I found I coIld root it was gingerbreak. So can I have some pros and cons of rooting. And also if gingerbreak is safe.

Sent from OIDDXmyDRusinng DroidForumusing

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Don't force someone else to root their phone. If they're happy with it, then leave it. If they're not the ones doing it then they probably don't have a reason to do it and wouldn't know what to do with it rooted. There's no point.
As to the gingerbreak, I hadn't heard of it, but I did a quick search, it looks like it should be safe, but it may not work if the phone has been updated to prevent it.

skennelly

Reaction score
If you do convince them to root, you better be willing to invest a lot of time fixing their problems...and yes, there will eventually be problems.

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
His name's kinda messed up to begin with.. Maybe somebody typed for him?

leftspin

Reaction score
If you do convince them to root, you better be willing to invest a lot of time fixing their problems...and yes, there will eventually be problems.

pretty much this. If someone doesn't want their phone rooted then chances are they really wouldn't know what to do to improve their phone once it's been rooted, and they probably wouldn't know what they were doing either which means that they would definitely mess something up

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
My sentiments exactly. Root is best left to those that know what they are doing. Glad to see this community had was again proven that we have common sense.

Sent from 1976 utilizing a 1.21 gigawatt connection. Yes, bionics were around then, they were still just working things out.