Gingerbreak root

rumblee1

Reaction score
I have my sd mounted and my usb debug on. This app still won't root my phone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have the OTA then the answer is no. If you wish to have root on 596 you are going to have to SBF and flash the 2 part pre rooted version

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
I love technology, but I have no clue as to what you're talking about. I used z4root for froyo. Need something easy or very explicit instructions. Im not afraid yo try it if I had instructions or even a video go watch from youtube.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

darkhalo117

Reaction score
Root didn't work for me originally. But it worked after I messed with some settings. So really all I did was run a command prompt as Administrator (right click and "Run as Administrator"). Then I ran the batch file in the command prompt by typing "start C:/Users/"user"/Downloads/motofail_windows/motofail_windows/run.bat"

That should do it. If the path isn't working, just navigate the the correct directory and type: "start run.bat"

Good luck! :)

IBleedFordBlue

Reaction score
ok i have hunted around the net and here and i have tried 4 different "one touch rooters" ....all of em say the same thing....access denied permissions not granted in some sort of way when i attempt to root....i have a DROID X with 2.3.4 ....i see lots of posts about .621 and .605 ...i have no idea what 621 or 605 is or how it's relevant to what i do have... i am not a total geek but not a total novice either....i just wanna root my phone remove the bloat and maybe get free tethering .....did they remove the exploitable crack in the system or what???
why can i not do something that is supposedly easy? what am i doing wrong?

IBleedFordBlue

Reaction score
maybe you could explain the 621 and the 605 references in plain english to me ...please have mercy on the droid noobie

leftspin

Reaction score
Hey IBleedFordBlue, welcome to DF! :)

In simple terms, .621, .605 and .602 are different software versions for the Droid X. .605 and .602 are Android version 2.3.3 and .621 is Android version 2.3.4. Since you have Android 2.3.4, you have the .621 system version. The trouble with .621 is that it isn't rootable and it also won't allow you to go back to older versions like .602 and .605 that were rootable. There is a workaround which is a little bit complicated, but as long as you follow instructions well there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do it: [Guide] Stock unrooted 621 (or bricked) to Full rooted 621 (With proper kernel) - Droid X - RootzWiki

Read through all the instructions first, take it slow and one step at a time and don't be afraid to keep asking for help if you need it. In the future, go ahead and start your own threads when you have questions, this thread is a couple months old. Good luck!

IBleedFordBlue

Reaction score
umm from what i read of the instructions that "fix" will not work with my verizon service

i guess i will give up and stick with the stupid bloat and crap and wait till my up grade to fuss with rooting again this isn't the easy fix everyone says it is