Gingerbread update, causing problems

swade8

Reaction score
Hi all, my wife has the droid 2, and got the OTA update pushed to her phone on the 3rd, and at first we thought that all was good, but has noticed that the phone reboots at last twice a day, its not rooted, so we can rule that out. It reminds me of the reboots that the thunderbolt had before a fix was released. If anyone had any rights on a fix I'm willing to try anything on her behalf.thanks in advance.

Sent from the best phone on the network... - Thunderbolt -

duyna

Reaction score
That is odd, try master reseting? I am rooted with the ota and cm7 I have not rebooted randomly as of yet *knock on wood*

ota gb rooted with cm7 with jakebites mod perfect

lpulle

Reaction score
What is master resetting? How is it done? I keep getting icons appearig - like blockbuster ect - cannot remove them from main screen

7 VII 7

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I have a Droid 2 with the OTA GB update and I am not rooted or every been rooted. It will reboot at least 1 time a day randomly and then at the most 3 times a day when I am doing something. VERY frustrating

Ellyenne

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am also having this problem, BUT it always happens when I adjust the volume. So far, it hasn't rebooted any time other than when I'm adjusting the volume. I have NO idea why, but it did not happen with Froyo - it started with the Gingerbread update.

jbcant

Reaction score
My wifes phone will turn itself back on at night after manually turning it off. This has started since the update. Can't get it to stay off. Anyone else have this problem on stock DROID 2?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

7 VII 7

Reaction score
Any update from anyone? Mine keeps rebooting 2 to 3 times a day. Sometimes when I am not even using it and it is sitting on my desk.