Gingerbread Trouble

Lbevans2

Reaction score
Got it

Okay well I just answered my own question.. I'm an idiot and all i had to do was clear the cache and reset back to factory by booting into recovery.. I cant beleive i forgot to do that

OP
D

DroidDystroyer

Reaction score
Isn't this like using a sledge hammer, rather than a scalpel?

All you need to is to SBF back to Froyo. I did this because I didn't know about the new one click root: How To One Click Root Motorola Droid 3 [Android] | iJailbreak.com - Jailbreak | Apple | Android | Google | PlayStation | Cydia | Unlock | iOS Trying that now, but from everything I've read it should work fine. Google Droid 2 SBF and click the xdaforums link for a walk-through on the rollback if you need one.

If I have to, i'll set aside a lot of time and give it a shot, but it feels like I'd be using a sledge hammer, when all I really need is a good sharp knife. I have root. I can get to the VZ version of Clockwork to flash partitions. It just knows it isn't one of theirs because it isn't signed. Isn't there some way to tell the VZ flash utility not to bother looking for a sig? Or maybe use flash_image (or something) to get clockwork in place? Having to re-provision my phone and start over makes me nervous - especially with all the people posting that they still can't get barnacle to work either... Like I said, I have root on the thing, just not until after the os gets running. I'm afraid VZ may have tweaked the network stack to redirect anyone to their utility anyway, so barnacle just isn't going to work. The goal isn't root. I have root. The goal is not having to pay VZ twice for data. (He'll we pay for broadband at home, then again on the phone, now we gotta pay the for the phone data twice? Why does the FCC allow this ****? Really???)

Has anyone with a Droid 2 been able to get root, clockwork loaded, and barnacle to work? (Oneclick root or any other means?)

atmiller70

Reaction score
I would maybe start from the beginning again.... sorry, my cwr works fine... im runnin ota gb rooted with the one click method, worked just fine for me.

NOOB here. Have a Droid 2 with stock ROM that I rooted basically for the free wi-fi tethering. Since I had also installed clockworkmod I had to flash sbf in order to get the gb ota. So I flashed sbf. Did the gb ota but now I can't get into debugging mode no matter which type of usb connection I use. Do I need to start over & wipe cache & factory reset before doing the ota update?

atmiller70

Reaction score
How were you able to to do the OTA without unrooting? I could go back & flash SBF, root it & then update OTA.

Lbevans2

Reaction score
Okay so my journey is I had froyo rooted, the OTA (gingerbread) came available and I was able to update while rooted (apparantly if you didn't remove the bloatware it will allow u to update while rooted).
Then once I had gingerbread on there I couldn't get rooted. So I had to SBF back to froyo and then update back to ginger.
Once I had ginger on the phone fresh I used the DROID3 one click method and i succeded.
What I haven't figured out yet is how to get tether, apparantly there's a beta out of wireless tether (not barnacle) that if you tweak the settings you can get it to work.. but I haven't found a solid fix yet. Verizon is trying to block all the tether apps which is BS but its only a matter of time untill we have an easy user friendy tether to use.
Has anyone droid 2 with OTA gingerbread (rooted) been able to get tether working?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

atmiller70

Reaction score
I still can't get debugging mode to work. I have uninsalled and reinstalled drivers using the administrator user on my Windows 7 PC. Last night I did sbf, wiped cached, factory reset, ota gingerbread. Can't get debugging mode to work. When I toggle the check box it connects & re-connects to the computer like it is a different device but the critter never shows up in the notifications.

VetteLeo

Reaction score
Can you Tether?

I have a Droid 2. I had rooted while on Froyo and was using Barnacle with no problems. Then the GB update came out for D2 a little while ago, so I had to SBF to get the Gingerbread update, and I'm now rooted again, but Barnacle doesn't work.

Does anybody know how to tether a rooted Droid 2 running the official gingerbread? Most other forums with any slight chance of answering my question has either broken links or the apk files have been removed. My wife refuses to update to GB on her D2 unless I figure out how to tether GB. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lbevans2

Reaction score
There's two things you have to get #1 is the beta version of the "wireless tether" apk and #2 the TBH wireless tether patch.
Both of these are easy to find, just search google for both of them and you'll find a usuable link.

After you get the patch installed using bootstrap or clockwork you have installed the beta of wireless tether , you just need to tweak the settings.
#1 open up verizons mobile hotspot, turn it on and set up an ssid and a passcode
#2 open up wireless tether beta and set up the same ssid and passcode as the verizon hotspot.
#3 set the device to droid X

I have listened and read forums all over the place and this finally worked for me. Good luck

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums