Gingerbread PEOPLE!

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What I ment was brighter bottom buttons

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Ugh, so they DIDN'T fix that from the leaks! Grrr. Its tooooo bright now. The light bleeds out of the buttons. Oh well.

baboon619

Reaction score
That's all I need is brighter buttons. How about the ability to change the color of the notification LED for the type of notification.

From my Dx humanoid

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
my question is do you have to already be on 340 to even get notified of it being available? I am on 595....will I know?

Officially, yes.
Because when your device checks-in, your build.prop will show the build as .595, not .340....and won't recognize that you're available for an update.

or I could just wait for P3's rooted version right? Or do you think you would have to SBF before installing that?

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
I want it im going nuts lol could it b cuz I rooted

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
Yepp today lol well I registered for my gf phone d2g awhile ago lol then I just changed it to mine today lol

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
my question is do you have to already be on 340 to even get notified of it being available? I am on 595....will I know?

Officially, yes.
Because when your device checks-in, your build.prop will show the build as .595, not .340....and won't recognize that you're available for an update.

or I could just wait for P3's rooted version right? Or do you think you would have to SBF before installing that?

Not 100% sure yet. He tweeted there will be different formats to upgrade to/from.
I'm sure he will make a version that you can go from stock/rooted Froyo to rooted GB.
And probably from .595 GB to .596 GB.
Just have to wait and see.

But the good thing is, you can still SBF back to Froyo even if you take the OTA!!! Something we were afraid we'd lose the ability to do!

EDIT:

Just tweeted:

@P3Droid
First will be an update.zip that will take you from .595 to .596, next will be any GB leak to .596, then .340 rooted, .340 un rooted...

meanjeeps2005

Reaction score
Why would you want a leaked gb to buggy glad I waited and got on soak group ill never root my phone to much money to mess up

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
Lol tech I rooted my last Droid x n when it broke it told them it wasnt n got new one lol XD

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol....I don't see it that way. See I went through 7 Droid 2's all none rooted. On #8 I rooted it and didn't have another problem with it since. Well.....not until I smashed the buttons on the volume which resulted in broken keys.

but hey....to each his own. Enjoy your none-root-ness.

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
Lol someone upload gb 596 plz

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah no kidding. But then again I am waiting for a particular "someone" to upload it....not to mention any names P3Droid....I am just saying.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wondering if it'll be in the TBH app first or if it'll be linked on his site for everyone. Either way...I hope there are multiple upload mirrors!

I'm on .595 and no issues at all, I just want to say I have the official build :p