Gingerbread official ota

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperX

Reaction score
does anyone have any news on official gingerbread release?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
From what I hear from other post maybe in the next two to three weeks but soon not long just have to hang in there a lil more

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
P3droid says sometime around early may. Someone here on the forums said they called motorola and they told him june 1st.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

azaraith

Reaction score
I'm running the leaked version - perfectly stable for me, though it does have the persistent syncing icon problem (doesn't kill battery life, so I don't care). Easy peasy to install - the pre-rooted version is worth it too. BTW, ClockworkMod needs to be the Droid 2 version, not Droid X... Not waiting for Verizion/Motorola to get their acts together and release it, too impatient lol.

Reaction score
Id rather wait until june 1st instead of getting a buggy version of gingerbread, and wait another 6 months for a maintenance update.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's being pushed now...

P3Droid Team Black Hat
here is the official info: Blur - 4.5.588, new baseband 01.09.12P, Build-4.5.1_57_DX5-18
28 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

ThaiBoy02

Reaction score
I saw that tweet from P3 as well. Should we convert back to stock and see if we get the ota or should we wait for more confirmation?

rolandct

Reaction score
I'm running the leaked version - perfectly stable for me, though it does have the persistent syncing icon problem (doesn't kill battery life, so I don't care). Easy peasy to install - the pre-rooted version is worth it too. BTW, ClockworkMod needs to be the Droid 2 version, not Droid X... Not waiting for Verizion/Motorola to get their acts together and release it, too impatient lol.

Data reset fixed that for me.

rolandct

Reaction score
I saw that tweet from P3 as well. Should we convert back to stock and see if we get the ota or should we wait for more confirmation?

If you take the OTA you may not get root back for a long time. Currently no one has been able to root the GB release, only keep root from upgrading via zip file.

Update: In case I put the emphasis on the wrong spot. You'll definitely lose root, how long it will be for is what's up in the air.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

If you take the update you will lose Root as the baseband changed.....

ThaiBoy02

Reaction score

If you take the OTA you may not get root back for a long time. Currently no one has been able to root the GB release, only keep root from upgrading via zip file.

Update: In case I put the emphasis on the wrong spot. You'll definitely lose root, how long it will be for is what's up in the air.

So we should wait until someone has rooted GB? Then....convert back to stock to accept ota then re-root? If you wish to remain rooted that is....

sheba611

Reaction score
I got the tweet from P3Droid and it said not to accept the OTA if you wanted to stay rooted. Also, if you are on leaked GB or a custom Froyo ROM, you will have to sbf back to stock 2.3.340 to get the GB OTA.

I am waiting until the GB OTA is rooted and deodexed before taking it.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
How do you go to stock rooted and get rid of a custom rom? I want to remain stock if the update comes root isn't a concern for me at the moment.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

Status
Not open for further replies.