Gingerbread PEOPLE!

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Well so far so good! I am now running gb and although phone seems faster, I'm not sure bout the layout of gb. I like dark menu backgrounds and some of these seem light. Giving it a chance though... :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leonozug

Reaction score
Well so far so good! I am now running gb and although phone seems faster, I'm not sure bout the layout of gb. I like dark menu backgrounds and some of these seem light. Giving it a chance though... :)

Glad it all worked out for you! I post that video for anyone who needs/wants to learn how to SBF. It's how I learned and it shows you how simple the process really is.

aplechaty

Reaction score
Here u go guys ;) Update.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

THANK YOU GraphicDemon!!!
I have been waiting and trying to receive OTA but this makes life so much easier. Thus far i am really liking Gingerbread, and Netflix works making it even better. Is there a tether app for this build that works?

Last edited:

Beka27

Reaction score
I went to SBF (I followed the directions from RandyRKelly's video) and now I'm stuck in the bootloop. How do I get out of it? Everything was going fine the entire time... I have all the right files. I don't get it. LOL.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to boot into stock recovery and do a data wipe. That will take care of the bootloop. (Power and x on d2 and power and home on dx. Hit the search key when you see the triangle with the!

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Beka27

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be going into recovery.

Nope. It just keeps bootlooping.

Do I have to pull the battery?

Bowtie

Reaction score
Thanks GraphicDemon!!!

Had to SBF my ex's X because it had been rooted then unrooted. Nothing was changed, I just wanted to try it with z4root after it came out, but apparently it left a trace somehow. Everything went smooth, got GB installed and she is now in the process of resetting everything up.

aplechaty

Reaction score
Beka power off then power on into recovery and do a factory reset. That should do the trick.

Beka27

Reaction score
Oh thanks for the response. I had actually just started a thread.

Power off by pulling the battery? When I hold power, nothing happens.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Beka power off then power on into recovery and do a factory reset. That should do the trick.

That's what i told him to do. ;)
Beka, you gave to get into recovery. Try messing with power and home (throw a few volume keys in there too. Why not?) You will get into stock recovery, just keep trying. If you really, really tried everything, then you'll have to sbf again

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unplug and try doing what I wrote in the above 2 posts. Get into stock recovery and do a data wipe.

aplechaty

Reaction score
If AND succeeded unplug phone and restart into recovery mode. Then select factory reset. Thar should eliminate boot loop you then have to reactivate phone most likely.

Beka27

Reaction score
I'm in stock recovery right now.

I went down to wipe/reset, selected, and then went to reboot and went immediately back into bootloop.

At the bottom it says E: can't open/cache/recovery/command

Is that an issue?