UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

iGuess

Reaction score
Love the all black keyboard. I'd definitely like to see more solid colors.

OP
T-N-T

T-N-T

Theme Developer
Reaction score
Love the all black keyboard. I'd definitely like to see more solid colors.
its in the works we have red green and blue and teal done need to upload them but linux crashed yesterday just got it back up and running so might be up tomorrow

DG33

Reaction score
You lose the mic button, from the keyboard that comes with UD 3.0.1, after install.....looks cool though.

OP
T-N-T

T-N-T

Theme Developer
Reaction score
You lose the mic button, from the keyboard that comes with UD 3.0.1, after install.....looks cool though.
ill fix it im working with new theme chooser and haveing some issues at this moment

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Skulls keyboard looks good man. Any chance we could get black keys and grey skulls?? Might not look as good but sounds good in my head :) oooooooohh maybe some cyan colored skulls on black keys to match the cyanbread theme....

jksell07

Reaction score
Don't need a date and don't want to win an I pad

Thanks for all the hard work...some nice keyboards. Say...we have to down load and install ---> GingerBreadLatinIME.zip
first?

The link you have redirects me to some crap trying to solicit personal info.

I can go get the base keyboard somewhere else, but now I'm all pissed off. That shouldn't happen on droidforums. What's the deal?

ChodeNode

Reaction score
It looks like the original Gingerbread keyboard link you have posted in the OP is broken.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
These look awesome. I was going to try out the all black one but I could not get it to work. I installed another keyboard and skin I have sitting around to make sure it wasnt my rom or recovery. Anyone have any luck installing it or any suggestions?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
T-N-T

T-N-T

Theme Developer
Reaction score
It looks like the original Gingerbread keyboard link you have posted in the OP is broken.

yea the themed ones have the fix in them the original was just to fix a issue but if u need it ill re up it

OP
T-N-T

T-N-T

Theme Developer
Reaction score
These look awesome. I was going to try out the all black one but I could not get it to work. I installed another keyboard and skin I have sitting around to make sure it wasnt my rom or recovery. Anyone have any luck installing it or any suggestions?

how are u trying to install it

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

Sorry that I neglected that info. I thought I was following the directions in your OP but I dont know if I was tired or what but I cant find them there now.

I tried to flash it both after deleting my keyboard from system and with leaving the keyboard there thinking that maybe it was a skin and not a full keyboard. It will begin the install and then I get the message "installation aborted." I am using rzr recovery.

OP
T-N-T

T-N-T

Theme Developer
Reaction score

Sorry that I neglected that info. I thought I was following the directions in your OP but I dont know if I was tired or what but I cant find them there now.

I tried to flash it both after deleting my keyboard from system and with leaving the keyboard there thinking that maybe it was a skin and not a full keyboard. It will begin the install and then I get the message "installation aborted." I am using rzr recovery.

rename it to update.zip and try to install as update.zip i dont know rzr recovery i use clockwork

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I got it to work and I thought I would post up how in case someone with rzr ever comes along and wants to use one of these. Now the only one I tested was the all black one so I am not sure about the others.

When you mentioned that it worked with cwm I remembered reading somewhere along the way that there are older update binaries (I think thats the correct term) that will still work with cwm but do not work with rzr.

All I did to get the keyboard to work with rzr was: using 7zip I extracted the latinme.apk from the black keyboard and dropped it into a gb keyboard update.zip I have used many times, since it has always worked for me I knew it had compatible update binaries. I then deleted my latinme from system and flashed my newly created keyboard update.zip like you normally would. Boom!! Next thing you know I am typing away on an all black keyboard.

Hope this helps and the keyboard looks great!!