Gingerbread keyboard causes lag.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I recently wiped everything and reflashed 12.3, and then 12.3.2, and applied my theme, and restored all my apps manually today....ran smooth all day, no lag, but when I flashed the gb keyboard....lag city.

Also...im fairly certain it was the culprit to my pandora pausing. ;)

back to swype. I have the old green miui themed one, but I personally want something more black/silver to match my theme.

Black background with silver keys would be awesome. Gonna work on theming it. Ive decomposed the images for the keyboard, and unlayered them, inverted them...and I like the way it looks A LOT, but...the only downside is the landscape keyboard didnt match, so...I wont have a matching keyboard w/o a lot of photo work.....and honestly...I need a break from that. lol.

fox_dye

Reaction score
I haven't seen this lag with the gb keyboard. But I do use launcher pro plus. Don't know if that matters. I also use the newest swype. I go back and forth a lot. I use a cache cleaner so that might help a little.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I use cachemate pro. My experience is lag with the stock miui launcher. Dont use LP with miui, but I do with other ROMs. Im used to using miui launcher for setup...its much quicker than lp or any launcher for that matter cause I use quite a bit of widgets.

mursepaolo

Reaction score
latest miui, launcher pro plus, 5 pages full of widgets, gb keys, no lag. running slayher's 800 at 550 max interactive.

willstilson

Reaction score
Are you guys able to select text using the new way highlighted in all the videos? I have the GB KB, and when I long press and hit select text, I highlight the same way I have with all other keyboards. I know in the videos of GB text selection would have a start bar and an end bar that you place around the area you wanted to highlight. Is that a GB specific thing or is my keyboard messed up. FYI I am using the version posted by Fabolous, in the droid applications section.