Gingerbread for the Droid X2 Version 2.3.3 Now Rooted!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dx2gb-rooted.jpg

Some folks over at MyDroidWorld got the official "soak group" push of Gingerbread 2.3.3 for the Droid X2, and they have already rooted it. Here's a quote from the MyDroidWorld article, and below that is a link to instructions and downloads,
Verizon has decided to push out an official test of Gingerbread to the soak group. We have taken this update and pre-rooted for all of the rooted users out there. Please follow the directions carefully to make sure that your upgrade goes seamlessly. If something does go wrong don't sweat it, this update does update the bootloader but it does not block downgrading using the leaked sbf file that can be found below. To use either update your phone must be on stock firmware. If you have removed items and can not restore them you will need to use the sbf file leaked by daywalker04. The file is found below. You will need to use RSDLite 5.0 or higher to flash this file to your phone.
Make sure to be cautious during the process and follow the instructions carefully. Enjoy!

Source: Android.net via MyDroidWorld

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Nice to see but I still really want the Moto Gingerbread builds to be rooted outright, rather than going the pre-rooted route. The D3s lack of root is the ONLY thing holding me back on getting one.

infinity8x3

Reaction score
Nice to see but I still really want the Moto Gingerbread builds to be rooted outright, rather than going the pre-rooted route. The D3s lack of root is the ONLY thing holding me back on getting one.
No no no lol I'd MUCH rather be able to flash roms than just one click root.

This is the most epic thing to happen to my x2 since i got it. I Have it installed now :)

weslo83

Reaction score
New to Android

Hey I'm new to android but I have this pre-rooted gingerbread on my DX2. I was wondering what exactly the difference is between "once click root" & "pre-rooted". I mean I get the obvious that one isn't rooted at first and then becomes rooted which probably means that you can unroot it and the pre-root is always rooted. Once they are both rooted though, what is the difference?

Thanks to anyone who will explain this.

Wess

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm new to android but I have this pre-rooted gingerbread on my DX2. I was wondering what exactly the difference is between "once click root" & "pre-rooted". I mean I get the obvious that one isn't rooted at first and then becomes rooted which probably means that you can unroot it and the pre-root is always rooted. Once they are both rooted though, what is the difference?

Thanks to anyone who will explain this.

Wess

Pre rooted GB requires you to be on rooted Froyo and flash the rooted files.

One click root GB means that you can root the OTA with a simple app.

And there really isn't any need to have a root program with the X or X2, when you can just install the pre rooted files...

CM74DX

creaky

Reaction score
Does this mean that we have a good chance of rooting the Bionic when it drops?