gingerbread for droid pro!

hal83

Reaction score
i didn't see any recent threads, but according to computerworld. com, the droid pro (along with other droid models) will get gingerbread by the end of q2.

this definitely alters my view towards the pro--i was going to forget about it as a phone because it seemed it was forgotten. i did not expect it would get gingerbread. hopefully this will fix most of the stability issues. :)

EDIT: update expected at end of q3.

Last edited:

Insidious

Reaction score
So with other droid phones does that mean the droid 2 should be included?! :D

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
hal83

hal83

Reaction score
The following Motorola Droid devices will be updated to GB:

Droid X, Droid Pro, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global

yep. GB update should fix activesync exchange... not that that matters to me lol

sorry, i said q2. i meant end of q3. i can wait tho

OP
hal83

hal83

Reaction score
gingerbread is the latest update (2.3) for android smartphones. supposed to improve speed and battery of your phone. droid pro currently runs on froyo (2.2).

because of the droid pro's lack of popularity and development, a lot of us weren't expecting any updates.

tt07

Reaction score
gingerbread is the latest update (2.3) for android smartphones. supposed to improve speed and battery of your phone. droid pro currently runs on froyo (2.2).

because of the droid pro's lack of popularity and development, a lot of us weren't expecting any updates.

From Motorola you should expect good updates because they are good at providing those for their phones/products(from my experiences). The actual developing community we shouldn't expect too much for ROMS, rooting, etc.

jwgraves

Reaction score
for those of us who rooted our pro's and disabled a lot of bloatware, should we restore the apk's before upgrading to gingerbread? and can we leave the phone rooted?

andy'sfriend

Reaction score
I am assuming we will need to unfreeze the bloatware and then unroot the phone before we install the upgrade. But my questions is whether we need to do that in order to get the update pushed to the phone.

jwgraves

Reaction score
I went ahead and restored all my bloatware (but didn't unroot), when I check system updates it says none available. Does anyone know if I must unroot in order to get the update? I remember last time they had an update they rolled it out across different areas of the country. I hope New Jersey gets it soon!

andy'sfriend

Reaction score
I went ahead and restored all my bloatware (but didn't unroot), when I check system updates it says none available. Does anyone know if I must unroot in order to get the update? I remember last time they had an update they rolled it out across different areas of the country. I hope New Jersey gets it soon!

I'm in NJ too, so please let me know if/when you get the update. I'm going to wait to unfreeze/unroot until then (also, how do we unroot with aroot?)

Thanks!

jwgraves

Reaction score
May have to SBF it.

may have found the answer to my question: in my aroot directory on my PC are 2 bat files - aroot.bat and unroot.bat. Sounds too easy, I'll run it as soon as I see the update is available. I just hope I can re-root after the gingerbread update!