Only some DROID pro gingerbread

hotkoko

Reaction score
Just read on phonedog that only SOME pro owners got gingerbread update, the rest wont get it till 3rd quarter

Sent from my DROID PRO

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
WTF is teamblackhat

Sent from my DROID PRO

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I seriously doubt that's the case. Yes, only some have gotten it so far, but that's the way every update does. It rolls out to some and then expands. They've never done an update where only a few get it and the rest don't get it until months later. Unless there's something major wrong with the update, that's not going to happen.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm guessing this is what the OP read:

Some Motorola DROID Pro owners receive update to Gingerbread | PhoneDog

And as suspected, it says nothing about only some users getting the update now and the rest having to wait until Q3. They only speculate that perhaps this roll out is a mistake given that no announcement has been made by Verizon or Motorola and that a Motorola employee said it would come by Q3. That's all it said, and a lot of people already knew that. And the Motorola employee said Q3 or sooner. Additionally, that post made by the Motorola employee about the Gingerbread updates was edited a short time after it was posted.

So no one needs to worry. Unless this is a mistake, or unless there's a major flaw with the update, everyone will get it in the upcoming weeks. Updates take awhile to get around to everyone. Not everyone gets it at once. It's the way they do things.

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
I hope ur right

Sent from my DROID PRO

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I hope ur right

Sent from my DROID PRO

I am.

Is this your first major Android update for a phone through Verizon? If so, then I can understand the confusion over not having received the update yet. If not, you'd know it takes several days for the update to go out to everyone.

Unless there is something wrong with the update, or unless releasing it was a mistake (which doesn't look likely at this point since it's still going out), it will come to everyone in the near future.