WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Apr 28, 2011 8:57 PM

Gingerbread coming, signs point to yes

This question is Assumed Answered.
As mentioned elsewhere (with a mistake, I might add), I've got a friend who's beta testing Gingerbread for the D2G. He was testing Froyo maintenance updates, but recently Moto switched the entire beta program over to Gingerbread.

After a couple of cable updates for that version, they started the OTA loads. He switched to that load at that time and found a 30% battery improvement. He was quite shocked and pleased. There were a couple of new loads later, and he's been on the same one for about 4 weeks, now. There's another release out there now, and he has no idea on how close it is to being released to the public.

As always, there's a chance that this release line might never make it to the public, but things look pretty good according to him.

Screenshot:

Tags: beta, gingerbread, d2g

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/374933

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am trying to get my hands on the leak right now

Psj77

Reaction score
This is awesome!!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

sid_wisc

Reaction score
I am trying to get my hands on the leak right now

WoZzy are you sure this is true... I saw this news but have bushed it off... There are some questions about this post that makes me a little suspicious!!! If you can confirm this I will certainly believe this!

The Walker

Reaction score
Liberty gingerbread will be released tomorrow or today depending on where they live. Will the romer be able to flash it? Also will the gingerbread leak in the wild (if its the real deal) cause a delay in the production of the get r done team rom?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Liberty gingerbread will be released tomorrow or today depending on where they live. Will the romer be able to flash it? Also will the gingerbread leak in the wild (if its the real deal) cause a delay in the production of the get r done team rom?

I highly doubt it. I need to grab the romer and look it over for a proposed idea I had, but none the less the romer is designed for froyo roms, not gingerbread. It would be nice, but i doubt it.

Is that really reliable though? And strange he is running gingerbread but yet has a custom theme already applied.

lerit50

Reaction score

No, it wont work at all.

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Its not themed that's how gingerbread for the D2g will look like

kickasz23

Reaction score
Hoope we get a hold of something soon...but right now having fun with the roms around

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
yea I am on vaca & I will be pushing out my version for the GRd rom it Will be

WoZtastic