Gingerbread Comes to the Casio G’zOne Commando

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
casio-commando.jpg

For all of the "physically active types" out there that own the Casio G'zOne Commando, there is some great news. The newest update for the phone includes Gingerbread. This update is version C771M0700 and,
...alongside the upgrade to 2.3 you’re getting a lag fix, the ability to add signatures to SMS and MMS messages, the ability to brighten the display by touching it while docked and a fix for the errant proximity sensor.
You could wait for the update to come OTA, but if you are impatient, go to your About Phone under Settings, then click on System Updates.

I've been telling all my friends with kids that this phone is perfect for them. It may not be completely indestructible, but it's a lot less fragile than buying your kid a new Droid variant every few weeks because they dropped it or had their buddy accidentally fling it across the room (true story). My maintenance guy even has one, and he is rough on phones!

For more discussions on the G'zOne Commando, be sure to check out our G'zOne Commando Forum

Source: PhanDroid

rherron

Reaction score
And yet it still has not come to the DROID Pro.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I played around with one of these phones the other day, talk about a tough looking phone! Glad to see Casio supporting their devices.

illmatic636

Reaction score
is it a standard GB 2.3 or a Cooler Casio version?

I really feel like saying ef it, and get this phone. Call it a wrap for 2 years and see what comes out then.

jayb

Reaction score
My OG Droid was about shot so I bought this and im waiting on the Nexus phone for Verizon. I got the update a couple of days ago and it does run smoother now. This phone also seems to have a good resale value which is one reason I bought it also it does great in water :). It is a very solid phone.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am glad I was wrong for once. I told my buddy I didn't think his phone would get the update to GB. Good to see Casio looking out for theirs.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...