Gingerbread .596 OTA Feedback..

j_acm

Reaction score
I wanted some feedback regarding the new ota update gingerbread and wanted to know how it's running,led issue fix, etc.. Any feedback? I'm thinking of upgrading and hope for someone to root it soon. Just a little nervous about not having root...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

bobAbooey

Reaction score
Just sbf, root and instal the 2 files from team black hat. Easy as pie and it's rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
J

j_acm

Reaction score
I actually did that. Is it the exact same sotck rom as the ota just rooted?

mcp770

Reaction score
I did stock rom rooted via the two file tbh method from 340. Then ran the 596 deodex over the top. Then I flashed the imoseyon 7 tweaks, installed newest busybox, ran pull down edit tweak, ran the zip to change battery icon which also added crt shutdown animation. Finally added gb keyboard and removed a ton of needless blur apps and bloat. In the end battery life is great and with low volt and 1.2 g overclock nice and fast. Liking stock very much after the few minutes of modding.

As for led issues for me on handcent if you simply adjust the led flash speed to any setting other than normal the led works perfectly.

Reaction score
Is being on stock gb so bad you can't be on it for a few days while someone figures out how to root it. Im sorry but I laugh at everyone that does not want to be on gb. The purpose of updates are to improve android. I think if anyone does not want it should go back to 1.5 then see how you like it. Then maybe people would appreciate updates more. My phone on gb is the fastest its ever been and my battery is way better. So I say thank you google for improving android.

OP
J

j_acm

Reaction score
Good for you if you like it. Some don't. Everyone is different. To each is own.

Reaction score
I understand why you do it don't get me wrong. It just doesn't make since to be on something that is not as good now granted that's an opinion of mine but its just weird. I love android for it being that you can have what you want you don't like it you can change it. Still you have nothing to loose.

timelord

Reaction score
stock .596 is waaay better than stock froyo was. Still I much prefer getting rid of the bloat. I couldn't stand seeing skype, news and weather, weather, friends feed, etc, etc running constantly in the background when I don't use or need these services.