Gingerbread 5-10 minute bootup time?>

deathshead

Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue?> extreme boot times with Gingerbread? we are looking at about 10 minutes on my last boot here just now to be fully operational.. it sits there loading and locking up, screenpainting, etc

wiped cache-data multiple times, tried uninstalling lookout,fancy widgets,widget locker etc..

Once it does finally boot its fine, nice and snappy and fast.

turdbogls

Reaction score

rlabrunda1

Reaction score
lag.

I loaded the leaked update as well. Got stuck in the boot loop and had to factory wipe. Did it 3 times then rebooted. Rom works but it lags. Not sure if i missed a step or if I have been spoiled by the other ROM like liberty and Rubix i was running before??

turdbogls

Reaction score
I loaded the leaked update as well. Got stuck in the boot loop and had to factory wipe. Did it 3 times then rebooted. Rom works but it lags. Not sure if i missed a step or if I have been spoiled by the other ROM like liberty and Rubix i was running before??

these are the steps you should have taken.
coming from a 2.3.40 based Froyo ROM (like liberty, apex ect)
you can flash it just like any other ROM but you MUST wipe data AND cache

coming from stock 2.3.40
gain root access if you haven't already (using something like Z4root)
use DX bootstrapper to boot into clockwork
flash the file like you would a rom. a wipe is not necessary, but if it bootloops you will need to wipe. i would do a full wipe either way just to be safe.

coming from unrooted GB
you MUST SBF back to 2.3.340
once finished, before you boot the phone, boot into stock recovery, wipe data/factory reset
boot phone
grab Z4root and root the device.
grab DX bootstrapper
boot into clockwork
wipe data/cache
flash rootedGB .zip file
sign in, and let all your apps download.
use titanium to restore app data.

after that, all should be good.

that is EXACTLY what i did, along with the CRT screen off animation, and deodex .zip, and my phone is running flawlessly. GB is a huge improvement so far over every custom ROM i have ran....moto really did a nice job on it.

rlabrunda1

Reaction score
update

Well i started with the GB update unroot. and was having the same issues... then i sbf back to 2.3.4 running rubix 2.0.1. Then saw the rooted zip from the tbh leak. did a reset/cache wipe and flashed the 2.3.3 root from the bootstrap.

It was working... just very laggy. Just whiped my phone completly and am gonna try it again. going from a fresh 2.3.4 to the rootgb now. let you know how it turns out...
thanks for the help
robert

OP
D

deathshead

Reaction score
Figured it out after countless hours, rewipes, etc..

This Gingerbread leak seems to be having issues with Push-to-talk apps,
Mainly "Tikl touch to talk" I and a few other forum members have confirmed this app was causing my device to freeze and and take 5-10+ minutes to boot/respond and have all kinds of other wierd audio issues.

A member of another forum was having the same issue but he was running hey-tell a different PTT app.

After I uninstalled Tikl touch to talk my device booted up super fast and is running amazing since.

rlabrunda1

Reaction score
well..... drum roll please.... lol i went a little over kill erased EVERYTHING including sd card. (backed it up on my computer) and transfered the nessary files... followed your instructions to th T and its like a whole new phone running fast and flawless... now the only question is if i should load ADW lancher or just roll with what i got??? feedback?

thanks for the help

robert

OP
D

deathshead

Reaction score
For for the first time in my life can I get the "Your the wind beneath my wings"
or "Maria carey - Hero" music please?

ROFL!

ray_420

Reaction score
Figured it out after countless hours, rewipes, etc..

This Gingerbread leak seems to be having issues with Push-to-talk apps,
Mainly "Tikl touch to talk" I and a few other forum members have confirmed this app was causing my device to freeze and and take 5-10+ minutes to boot/respond and have all kinds of other wierd audio issues.

A member of another forum was having the same issue but he was running hey-tell a different PTT app.

After I uninstalled Tikl touch to talk my device booted up super fast and is running amazing since.

dude your awsome trying to figure this out since the leak came out your freaking awsome my gbread droid x is running like a champ