D2G Time taken to reboot : 2 min 30 sec to 3 minutes

bhojo1

Reaction score
Hi , I have timed how long it takes my droid 2 global to boot and its usually around 2 min 30 sec to 3 minutes from the red motorola logo to the android lock screen. Is this normal or excessive ? I do have a lot of apps loaded and a custom boot animation, but I have tried without a boot animation and it was worse cause I didn't know if the phone was booting or not...

Is this par for the course or should I explore further ? I am running a stock gingerbread rom with froyo radio baseband several apks frozen and certain others updated in rom.

What are your comparative boot times ?
Thanks

OP
B

bhojo1

Reaction score
So am I to assume that is par for the course and realistically thats the kind of time it takes for everyone with a d2g ?
Thanks

Benton

Reaction score
Stock GB, timed from power up for 20 seconds to get off the M logo, another 40 seconds to get off the Droid eye, five seconds more to 3G signal, 35 more seconds until all items loaded on home screen. Total time 1:40 cold start to full load. On my side the Weather Channel widget takes the longest to load and took a full 22 seconds of the last 35 after the Digital Clock, Calendar and Mini Info widget loaded so if I didn't have the Weather Channel it would have been 1:18. Bottom line, without widgets you should be up and running in 1:05, widgets add the time as they pull data.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
only takes mine 3-10 sec to get to m logo, 15-30 more to get to miui logo
only 50- 60 secs total to get go launcher's home screen not much more for widgets to load

Jonas

Reaction score
Mine is right under 2 mins from time I push the power button till time I can make a call/text/load an app. Hope that helps

Sent from my Banana Phone

FatJim

Reaction score
Mine is right under 2 mins from time I push the power button till time I can make a call/text/load an app. Hope that helps

Sent from my Banana Phone

Ditto.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums