Custom boot animation help

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Heya,

I'm putting together a custom boot animation following this tutorial. [video=youtube;8eHNKTN-BeA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eHNKTN-BeA&feature=related[/video]
In the video he says he's only tested it on android 2.1 so I googled custom boot animations for droid 2 global and other tutorials seemed identical.

I have all my .pngs in the 2 folders and the one desc text file from the stock boot animation. I'm not sure if it's a difference in phone models but when I apply my custom boot animation and reboot my d2g, the animation plays but it's fast as heck. The whole thing goes by in about 2 seconds. It looks like I'm holding a fast forward button down or something. I thought the 2nd number in the desc file may refer to frame rate so I changed it from 30 to 20 just to see and it was the same result. I changed various things and kept making new bootanimation.zip files to send to the phone. At some point it just went black when the animation should be playing. It booted so I figured I should stop while I'm ahead and ask for help. :)

I'm also have no clue if what ROM you're running matters. I am using the d2gromerv6 and liberty 1.5 on my d2g. If anyone has any helpful info I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.