R2D2 boot animation

artfulfox

Reaction score
Phone specs:

-r2d2 obviously
- android 2.2

My custom boot animation that I made ( from copy of original r2d2 bootanimation.zip ), isn't working, so currently I have no boot animation.
I've used AndroidSDK to adb push bootanimation.zip to data/local/ with
no luck. It says it has done so but no animation is shown.
Saved & checked desc in wordpad ( WINXP )
Zipped bootanimation ( no compression ) in 7zip
but no matter what I do this doesnt seem to be working... anyone have any ideas?

Is it something I'm missing? Or is there a different method to change
the boot animation for this phone?

xm41907

Reaction score
use a boot animation changer to update it rather than adb. If that doesn't work you haven't made it correctly. What is your custom animation?

biodroid

Reaction score
did you make the images yourself, it says custom so I assume you have. Make sure their at the right bit depth aaannnddd you need more then just the desc. in the zip to get it to flash- if that's the way you are doing this

OP
A

artfulfox

Reaction score
Alright um,

Yeah I created all the images myself in photoshop.
Made it and renamed it bootanimation.zip
Backedup and replaced the original with mine & it doesnt work:icon_evil:
Tried the adb push method to data/local/ didnt work either
Now when i replaced the original one doesnt even work:icon_eek:

biodroid

Reaction score
^^^ grrr

artfulfox ; there is a lot to them so don't give up! once you get it, they're awesome. Have you looked at the original images in detail? try your best to keep everything you see there the same.

Last edited:
OP
A

artfulfox

Reaction score
Yeah all I did was unzip the original bootanimation.zip & edit the picture files & rezip with 7zip ( no compression ). Didnt edit the desc.txt or anything.
Replaced the original bootanimation.zip with the one I moded.
Moved it with root explorer to /system/media ( now no boot animation at all just M logo & then blackscreen until phone loads).
I tried to replace it back with the original bootanimation.zip still no boot animation.

I tried to adb push with Android SDK
but my phone wont let me adb push to /system/media

I sent to your email XM

xm41907

Reaction score
Artfulfox, I got your email. I couldn't get it to work either. I unzipped it and I'm not sure if you have it setup right. I compared it to mine (R2D2 stock) and you have an additional folder that I don't have. As for editing the photos. Did you make sure the resolution and format was exactly the same for each slide? If not, then it's not going to work properly.