Boot time in Gingerbread X

samgovol

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced extremely slow boot time with the new gingerbread. Mine takes about 5 minutes before it becomes useful without lags. Once it completely boots (agaiin over 5 minutes) it flies and quadrant scores are in the 1600's. I have reinstalled (and wiped data and cache numerous times...just to be positive it was installed correctly.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

turdbogls

Reaction score
mine may be a couple seconds slower than froyo...but 5 minutes is not right at all.
what did you come from? did you SBF before? do anything else to the phone since the original boot other than downloading apps...like change framework or anything.

OP
S

samgovol

Reaction score
No, I didn't sbf. I came over from a custom ROM (according to the directions by my droid world and droid life, there isn't a need to sbf.) I was running apex 1.4. Again, once everything boots, the gingerbread humms....but I was used to the boot time in apex being just slightly less than one minute. Gingerbread is atleast 5 minutes (if not longer.)

Thaniks

jonecat

Reaction score
I would say you need to SBF regardless of what those instructions say, 5 minutes is insane, I would dare say something went wrong.

DJxPanda

Reaction score
mine has actually been really fast. faster than my froyo boot time. which.. when i was booting up i was like "Wow.. that was quick."

turdbogls

Reaction score
i would just SBF...its kinda a pain, but once you get the files it takes about 10-15 minutes to finish the SBF, then another 10-15 minutes to get into clockwork to flash the rootedGB.zip

mac16

Reaction score
Something has to be wrong with your phone. My bootups with GB are the fastest I have ever experienced. I am talking under 1 minute every time. That is from being off to being completely booted up.

When I installed GB I did a factory reset, then went into advanced and wiped davlik cache.