Ghost Radar: Journal Entries

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
PsychoD... Guess I'm wrong. I did a long hold on the home button to bring up recent apps, and GR rebooted once again. I think it's just buggy! The last update must have totally frakked with something. The only thing I didn't try was a total DROID reboot, to see if that would realign GR new update. Could make sense, too, seeing as we often need to REBOOT our desktops when updating takes place in say, Vista, for example. Worth a shot.

Wish I had any ghostly experiences to add, but since the crashings have begun...

I did however, watch the silly movie, Paranormal Activity, last evening. I call it silly, because about an hour into the show, it somewhat becomes, well... comical! Not that any of the actual context is silly, no! That is a serious issue, and most of the time you just want to smack the main character in the face.

TECHNO-NOTE:

It has been mentioned in other threads, on other sites (in a galaxy far far away) that GR operates similarly to the new favored K2 Meters; the detection device that has in many cases surpassed the popularity of the EMF detector. My brother and G/F were terrific enough to go ahead and add a K2 Meter to my investigation equipment list this past Christmas. Thank you once again! I had relied on my trusty Dr. Guass Meter EMF detector until now. While using my aged EMF detector during my last investigation of a haunted B&B, this meter served me well.

Tonight, I will place the new K2 Meter side by side with my DROID, while GR runs openly, and watch... simply watch. To assume what the result would be would be to make the whole operation bias! You get the idea, anyhoo...

This is the voice of Free Arcadia -H-

Droidnought

Reaction score
PsychoD... Guess I'm wrong. I did a long hold on the home button to bring up recent apps, and GR rebooted once again.

I'm not seeing that. If I press the Home button, it takes me home just like before. Long-pressing Home brings up the latest six, and pressing GR takes me back into the running program. I have a session going now and have gone out and back in twice, everything was preserved both times. One time I went out, started a game of Solitaire, exited that and went back into GR with no problems. Reboot your phone and see if it gets better.

Wally

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
I have to say, I saw Ghost Radar running on an Ipod yesterday. I WANT THAT VERSION! It is 100x better than this one. You can see the radar, and get the words on one page, plus it has several alternate options.

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
Good news! I contacted SpudPickles and they are working on an update to put the words on the radar. Woo Hoo!

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
If you notice, while on the radar setting, the words will now appear on the bottom as they are said. They are working on tweaking the app some more, but that is a major improvement. :)

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
Yep. I just D/Led the new update, and cranked it up at 7AM. I saw that the words were now showing up on the radar screen too.

TECHNO BABBLE:

The other night I set up my K2 Meter with my DROID (running GR). Though my experiments are still in their beginning phases, I was able to notice a few times when GR and the K2 Meter would register a change together. Other times they would not.

Just registered a perfect example! The K2 meter is 4 inches from the DROID. The K2 meter spiked completely (usually a strong man made burst of engergy) and immediately GR posted the word JOIN then scrolling 'Y's. It just repeated the same actions, this time printing the word LONELY with scrolling 'V's. The K2 stopped spiking, and the scrolling letters began to tapper off.

I now just scooted my DROID over to the left so there is 7 inches between the two devices. Upon moving the DROID, as I have seen before, it kicked up activity, printing the word HE'D, raising the level bar, and scrolling a few repeated letters. Nothing registered on the K2.

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
I haven't posted one of these in a while, but since there have been a couple of updates to the app recently, and October always puts me in a ghostie mood... here you go!

I turned on GR last night around 12:15AM to let run during the night (plugged into the charger). When I checked on it this morning, I was surprised to see that nothing had been recorded until 4:45AM. The word RELATED came through at 4:45AM, then PET came through at 4:46AM.

My DROID was sitting next to a series of pictures of a cat of ours that is no longer with us - he had a sad end. weird.

There were other words that followed, most of which didn't mean much to me. Another word came through at 7:29AM (around the time I am getting ready for work) and the word POCKET came through - I always put my DROID in my pocket close to that time most mornings. Again, I didn't think much of this one, but the communication above was interesting.

-H-

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
Coincidence? Just what is going on here?

I really do love experimenting/playing with this app - thanks again, SP.

A WOW EXPERIENCE:

There was way too much coincidence & dare I say intent in today's GR translations. These are the times where you begin to question whether there is an intelligence at work.

It was the middle of the afternoon, and I had cranked up GR 1:50PM. now I always give GR at least 10 minutes to warm up before I trust anything it's saying. Come 2:20PM I decided to put on some relaxing guitar music. It wasn't but a few seconds into the first song, and GR says, MUSIC. I thought that was pretty rad. A few minutes later it said JULY, but I can't think how that relates.

At around 3PM I start thinking about what I need to get done, and well, planning what I had to do. GR says the word PLANNING, while I am deep in thought towards my to-do list.

It spit out 3 other words a few minutes after that, but I couldn't see how they related: REALIZE, KEPT, RESEARCH. By the time it got to 'research' I was headed downstairs with the DROID, and saying outloud that surely you are strong enough to come outside with me, aren't you? GR immediately tells me, DONKEY - I took this to be calling me an ass, as if 'of course i can come outside' and I say this outloud. As I begin to say the word 'outside' GR says, OUTSIDE as I am saying outside! I stood there on my front porch really kind of shocked. Like I had just barely rolled my sanity check successfully.

It then tells me to SELECT... I say what? It tells me GERMAN - I am half german (on my father's side). I ask, "What's your name?" It immediately responds, DIRECT. I say, "I am being direct. What's your name? Direct communication is one of my recording techniques. What's your name?" GR tells me, WALK - I say, "Walk where? I'm not walking anywhere. I want to sit right here". GR says, OFFER.

I was giving up at this point, and began recapping what had happened. As I was getting to saying the word "outside" again GR says, OUTLINE. I was recapping (an outline), and the word was almost like the previous spoken/GR translated outside coincidence. Then the radar became silent.

I am still sitting here going, Wow.

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
GR UPDATE - New Feature

TECHNO BABBLE:

Another update to GR hit the marketplace today - this one offers you ability to tap the screen wherever to switch between VOX & Radar. It's fantastic! A user can switch between the two screens on-demand & in an instant. Nice update, SP!

Hands off my DROID! That's a sensitive piece of hardware:

I continue to try and keep mind that this app is marketed as 'for entertainment purposes only' - I really do. When I crank up GR these days, I will usually turn it on, leaving the screen on VOX, and let it run untouched - It does seem to work sometimes like this, and with interesting results. I do notice however, that if I leave GR sitting idle for a length of time, where nothing is being sensed, and I pick up my DROID, GR will begin to become 'active'.

At this point, I feel that the best way to test GR under controlled parameters, would be to leave the DROID untouched. The program is attempting to look for odd changes in the quantum flux. With this in mind, we must take out as many variables as possible to let GR use the sensors in the DROID with as little physical interference as possible to let it look for those oddities - Why add more muck to analyse by waving the thing around? So, let the DROID sit on a table untouched.

Does GR Get Sleepy & Start Cuddling With My DROID?

At times it would seem so. SP, maybe you can help with this. When GR sits running for lengths of time where nothing is coming through, it seems as though when I touch something (like changing the screen), then activity will begin. This kind of ties into what I mention in the previous paragraph too. If left untouched, does GR 'go to sleep on the job' so-to-speak?

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
This is an old thread, but I have never seen it until today. It is great reading. I am a para-normal fan. I watch all of the ghost hunting shows on the travel and discovery channels. I live in-between the most haunted hotel/B&B in America (The Myrtles) and the most haunted city (New Orleans) and I have been on the ghost tours at both. But I have never had any personal experiences. So I don't know if I am a believer or just find it great entertainment. I might have to try this app on my next visits.

Canadroid

Reaction score
I was intrigued by Harlock's early mention of GR seeming to interact with his cats a bit. I'm going to have to DL this and leave it unattended with my little buddies just to satisfy my curiosity.

Remember what the Egyptians said about cats? ;)

bleetness

Reaction score
So I downloaded it, Pretty interesting. It said football, I immediately looked around and saw my raiders beanie. >.> Definately gonna keep my eye on this thread.

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
Last Night's Chatter

GR was very active last night. I suspect it had something to do with the wicked storms we were having in our neck of the woods - since GR is supposed to detect changes in the quantum flux, a nice thunder & lightning storm is bound to disrupt some energy. There were a total of 74 words communicated.

I began GR at 8:44PM and went to bed. The first words were not communicated until 9:34PM - more than 45 minutes later. I thought it was odd that there were no warm-up words, as GR will most always spit out some dribble when getting adjusted to the area. Once the words started, they came within 1 to 3 minutes of each other with one 8 minute spread before piping down at 10:17PM. The words don't make much sense to me:

Dan, are, dangerous, gulf, question, bit, policeman, farmer, lay, everyone, sometime, sound, sugar, shot, allow

30 minutes later the word: you'd

At 11:10PM the communications came through at regular intervals of 1 to 3 minutes taking it to 11:40PM (30 minutes). Again, the words don't make too much sense to me, though I can associate some of them with things we did during the weekend:

flight, ship, butter, let's, excitement, rice, trail, behavior, cookies, salmon, closely

20 minutes pass and the words kick up again at 12:01AM with regular intervals until 12:36AM:

effect, friendly, feel, sink, shout, live, sheet, world, magic

GR began a new log at 12:44AM though the 1st words were not communicated until 1:15AM at fairly regular intervals until 1:37AM:

check, organized, pure, avoid, lonely, Jim, fully, catch

At 1:51AM & 1:52AM the words - claws & bit - came through, then silence until 3:16AM --- States (yes, with a capitol 'S'), unknown, sky, border, wasn't --- then silence until 4:35AM --- bank, riding, ever (4:39AM) ---

5:15AM to 5:19AM: Wilson (with a capitol 'W'), Latin (with a capitol 'L'), south

5:56AM the words picked up again every 2 minutes until 6:15AM:

article, control, fallen, act, horse, blood, mouth, difficulty, recent, cowboy

I thought this last string of words was very interesting, and all seemed to relate somehow, but I can't say it directly means anything to me. I'm tired, setting up my DROID to run GR again, and going to bed. I'm going to try a new experiment tonight. We'll see what happens!