Ghost in the Machine - literally?

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
A good friend of mine passed away on Tuesday (a guy who was known for his love of women).

That night (next morning about 2 AM) I was Stumbling Upon when my notification tone went off. Since my wife is a light sleeper, I scrambled to silence the sound. Imagine my surprise when I realized that my wallpaper had changed to a glamour photo of a dark-haired woman in a white dress - a photo that I do not have on my phone!! It wasn't pron or a creepy, ghosty picture, just a nice photo of a woman sitting on the grass.
(Cue Twilight Zone music....)
I immediately changed back to my original wallpaper, which I now regret doing.

I thought maybe I had picked up a virus, so I shut the phone off so it wouldn't alert again.

The next morning, the phone wouldn't turn on. Plugging it in to the charger showed the battery to be drained to 0%. After it charged I downloaded AVG Antivirus, which came up clean.

My wife didn't hear the notification tone go off, BTW. My question is, how could my wallpaper be set to a photo I DON'T HAVE ON MY PHONE?

Ghost, virus or just another Droid anomaly?

TIA,
Dr Fatsides

csf101

Reaction score
That's weird. :blink: I guess there's somethings you just can't explain.

Natey2

Reaction score
I think they fixed the ghost in the machine with the .621 OTA update: the ghost kept turning on the phone after owners turned it off.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk